Linux Systems Administrator MyBuys
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
This is a hands-on position for Linux Systems Administrator who will be a key member of our Operations team responsible for the operational and technical excellence of our production and internal development/QA environments.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Work with our managed hosting provider to maintain efficient and smooth operation of our hosted production systems including administration, monitoring, scheduling, capacity planning, troubleshooting, support and emergency response.
- Contribute to 24x7x365 service uptime.
- Serve as an escalation path for Data Center issues and emergencies.
- Follow operational policies to mitigate risk and recommend process improvements.
- Work with QA, Product Development and Professional Services organizations on timely and high quality email message deliveries, web recommendations, client configuration maintenance and new client deployments.
- Administer internal engineering environment including building and maintaining internal engineering servers, QA lab, and automated build system.
- Help maintaining productive internal IT environments in multiple locations (desktops, laptops, domain controllers, file servers, backups, networking, etc)
Successful candidates will have expertise in running all aspects of a hosted web application from an operational perspective. The position puts an emphasis on ability to independently troubleshoot issues by leveraging an extensive tool belt of technical and analytical skills and experience to identify root causes and develop solutions.
The ideal candidate has a great attitude and work ethic, startup experience and has a strong background in system administration and technical operations for high volume web applications running on Linux platform. You also have a 24x7 mentality (our systems never sleep), disciplined operational methodology, and have a strong sense of ownership of operational uptime and system performance.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or comparable industry experience
- 2-5 years hands-on experience in technical operations as a Linux sysadmin (RedHat/Centos/Fedora-distributions preferred. Other flavors a plus)
- Rock solid Linux systems administration troubleshooting, automatic scheduling (cron/at/GNUbatch), monitoring (Nagios), system configuration, tuning & optimization, performance analysis, backups and recovery
- Expertise in Perl and shell scripting. Knowledge of Python or Ruby a plus
- Basic SQL skills (PL/SQL). Relational database administration experience (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL).
Desired Skills & Beneficial Experience (a plus)
- Experience with high volume internet applications highly desired
- Monitoring tools: Nagios, BigBrother, Splunk, Gomez, Keynote, Nimbus, Sitescope
- Knowledge of Email Deliverability, Email Service Providers, spam filtering technologies, DNS blacklists, feedback loops, whitelisting and email protocols.
- Commercial experience on administering scalable, multi-tenant, on-demand SaaS solutions using open source technologies: Web (Apache, Tomcat), Mail/SMTP (Postfix, sendmail, qmail), DNS/Bind, Perl, vsftpd
- Familiarity with Java/JDK, Ant, Bugzilla, Subversion (SVN), CruiseControl, rsync, ssh, Netapp (NFS), Cognos, screen, make
- Networking Experience - TCP/IP, administration of networking hardware (Cisco, SonicWall, etc.), network monitoring, routing, load Balancing, firewalls.
||Ann Arbor, MI |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED