Linux Systems Engineer Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Are you a smart and talented Linux specialist looking to join one of the hottest global SaaS companies? Do you enjoy solving problems around scaling to thousands of Linux server systems and building tools to automate anywhere you can? Then look no further!
Workday is looking for a number of Systems Engineers to join our Cloud Operations team.Â In this role, youâll have responsibility for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Workdayâs global production and development systems.
The ideal candidate will have a solid âhands-onâ background in production systems admin/engineering with experience in developing tools to automate systems deployment and management tasks.
- Work as a member of a global team managing large 24 x 7 cloud platforms.
- Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix servers
- Building tools to automate server provisioning, management and scaling
- Work closely with development teams, architects and application teams to deliver multiple projects
- Technical degree or work experience equivalent
- 5-10 yearâs experience in designing, building and managing large scale Linux/Unix-based systems
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python or Ruby highly desirable
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern software configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, CFEngine etc) is desirable.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
Different Positions/Levels Available:
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer
Workday does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Workday will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee
||Beaverton, OR |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services