Live Video Engineer Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Live Video Engineer
Zencoder | San Francisco, CA, United States
Req ID: 5101
Zencoder offers awesome, API-driven video tools in the cloud. Our users range from small startups to major broadcasters. Customers love us and we're growing quickly, now as a part of the Brightcove product suite. Come be a part of the future of web video.
We're looking for a Video Engineer who understands the challenges of live video encoding. Live encoding in the cloud is a complex, difficult, and interesting, covering everything from low-level video formats to network programming to large-scale cloud deployments. The code you write will be used by thousands of organizations for millions of hours of live events, and will help transform the landscape for live streaming video.
What you'll do:
- You have real-world experience with both C and high-level languages like Ruby or Python.
- You understand video at a deep level: YUV, macroblocks, bitstreams, hex editors, etc.
- You prefer hard problems to easy ones.
- You understand the principles of software craftsmanship. You write clean code, even when working on extremely hard problems. You unit test everything.
Bonus points if:
- Work on Zencoder's transcoding team. Improve and expand our transcoding workflow, especially as it relates to live transcoding.
- Hack on everything from video and streaming formats (like HLS and RTMP) to EC2 and CDN integrations.
- Think creatively, problem-solve, and break ground in an emerging technology space.
- Work on the whole stack. We are not looking for a narrowly-focuesed H.264 codec engineer, but a pragmatist who can work at many levels.
- You've committed to open source projects like ffmpeg and x264 in the past.
- You have direct experience with live video encoding. If you don't, you're excited to dive in.
- You've been on the publishing/playback side of the video world, dealing with things like CDNs, players, and security.
What we look for in all employees:
- Catered lunches every day
- Salary and full benefits
- Equity ownership in a growing, newly-public company
- Aeron chair and a Mac setup of your choice
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation help to the Bay Area
How to apply:
- Ambition to make things awesome, not just good enough
- Excitement about Zencoder and what we're building
- Positive attitude and desire to contribute on a extremely strong team
- Send us a cover letter (required) explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this position. Include your resume, plus links to your Github profile, projects you've worked on, talks you given, etc.
- Check out Zencoder's API and tell us one thing you would do to make it better
- Optional: fire up the Zencoder API and encode some video (live or otherwise). Show us the results, or write up your experience.
<< Back to Current Openings
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services