Loads & Dynamics Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Loads & Dynamics Engineer
Dynamics | Hawthorne, CA, United States
The Company SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Rapidly resolve novel dynamics problems through analysis and test
- Build finite element models for use in dynamic simulations
- Execute dynamic testing from start-to-finish (pre-test analysis, sensor selection & installation, testing, data analysis and model correlation)
- Perform analyses using commercial and in-house codes as well as write new simulation code
- Minimum BS in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years work experience in aerospace dynamics
- Extensive Matlab programming experience
- Experience with NASATRAN (knowledge of DMAP programming strongly desired)
- Finite element modeling experience (use of FEMAP preferred)
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, communication and documentation skills
- A â€œcan doâ€ attitude and the ability/enthusiasm necessary to work in a unique, fast-paced environment
- Experience using LS-DYNA
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and test, including a fundamental understanding of strength, stability and fatigue failure mechanisms
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED