Localization Project Manager - Contract Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire is the market leader for new modern core systems for insurance companies in North America. We have customers in 16 countries and counting as we expand into new markets. We plan to become the market leader for new systems across multiple geographies in the years ahead. Our applications are complex, highly configurable, and built on a shared technology platform. Guidewire applications are mission-critical systems for multi-billion dollar companies around the world.With a focus on quality and solid processes, the localization project manager contractor will work in the Globalization team to help make Guidewire products available in other parts of the world.
Job functions of the contract Localization Project Manager:
- Plan, manage and deliver language packs for Guidewire products to meet international market requirements, working in conjunction with others in the Globalization team.
- Plan and execute translation projects for documentation and training materials. Help deliver non-English documentation and training roadmap.
- Estimate language pack and documentation costs.
- Work collaboratively with the Globalization team, other internal teams (Development, QA, Product and Program Management) and with international teams to release localized product to target markets.
- Manage localization vendor engagement and communication including progress reports, issue and query resolution. Provide support on product functionality, translation review or localization testing.
- Manage in-house translation memory system and prepare packages for vendors.
- Track project schedules both internally and with external vendors and monitor vendor costs during each project.
- Manage language bug reporting for localization projects when needed.
The ideal candidate has the following:
- At least five years of experience in localization project management
- Excellent knowledge of a language other than English --- Japanese strongly preferred
- Strong technical skills, especially in the area of globalization and localization
- Extensive experience with translation memory management
- Excellent knowledge of localization tools and best practices
- Attention to detail combined with ability to look at the big picture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Ability and desire to work in a team-oriented, collegial work environment
At the heart of Guidewire culture are three principles:
Collegiality. We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy. We strive for good processes and realistic assumptions to keep workload sustainable. We trust people to manage their own time. We seek input without regard for title. We welcome and consider contrary opinions. We value work/life balance.
Integrity. We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality. We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We run tons of unit tests to prove our code works as expected. We refine processes, and borrow from others when it makes sense (Agile, kanban) or invent processes and tools when necessary.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services