Localization Software Engineer Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Guidewire Globalization Team is looking for a talented, versatile and highly-skilled localization software engineer dedicated to bringing high quality localized products to international markets.
Guidewire is widely acknowledged as the market leader for modern, core systems for general insurance companies in North America. Now with customers in over a dozen countries (and counting!), Guidewire is expanding into new markets and is ideally positioned to become the market leader for new systems across multiple geographies in the years ahead.
Guidewire builds core enterprise systems for the global property and casualty insurance industry. Our applications are complex, highly configurable and built on a common technology platform. As a Localization Software Engineer you'll be responsible for producing localized versions of Guidewire's products in a variety of languages in collaboration with the globalization team and external localization vendors. Overall, you will be responsible for the files, tools and processes required for product localization. You will also work in close collaboration with the Globalization Software Engineer and product teams to proactively review products and processes for potential localizability problems.
- Creates and maintains software localization kits (processes, tools and instructions to help external vendors localize Guidewire's products).
- Creates and maintains documentation translation kits (processes, tools and instructions to help external vendors translate Guidewire's documentation).
- Receives, versions and packages deliverables from localization vendors.
- Participates in the design, development and maintenance of various internal tools with the aim of establishing repeatable, lean and automated processes for product localization.
- Coordinates with the Globalization team, the Technical Publications team and external vendors to ensure quality translations and builds of Guidewire's documentation.
- Supports external localization teams by answering technical questions concerning Guidewire's software functionality as well as questions about software localization and documentation translation kits.
- Using home built or commercial tools, provides specific scope information (such as word count, leveraging potential, etc.) to help estimate financial impact of software localization and document translation projects.
- Designs and implements tools, scripts and processes to aid in localization testing, UI screen capture and other accessory elements of software localization and documentation translation.
- Reviews and troubleshoots defects escalated by vendors, international offices and partners to determine problem source and support problem resolution.
- Proposes and implements improvements to current Guidewire localization processes.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience and at least 2 in localization software engineering
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop creative solutions
- Good knowledge of localization and internationalization of complex software products
- Familiarity with build and deployments systems (e.g. Ant), Linux (comfortable with the shell), Java application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic)
- Solid experience with localization tools (TRADOS, Passolo, MultiTerm, etc.)
- Experience with documentation authoring (FrameMaker) and building tools highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Versatility (i.e. willingness to learn on the job and play multiple roles) is a must
- Ability and desire to work in a team-oriented, collegial work environment
- Knowledge of one language other than English: Japanese, Chinese, French or German preferred
- Genuine passion for delivering quality international product
More about Guidewire:
At the heart of Guidewire culture are three principles:
Collegiality. We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy. We strive for good processes and realistic assumptions to keep workload sustainable. We trust people to manage
their own time. We seek input without regard for title. We welcome and consider contrary opinions. We value work/life balance.
Integrity. We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality. We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. More than 100K unit tests per branch prove our
code succeeds and fails where expected. We constantly improve processes. We use the latest Agile and Lean coding techniques, including work pods, sprints, and scrums.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services