Logistics Director Quirky
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Company:
--We are Quirky.-We make invention accessible.-
We believe that the best ideas in the world aren't actually in the world--they're locked in people's heads.-- We exist to solve that problem.-
We're looking for an amazing and passionate Logistics Director to join our team in NYC.--
--As our Logistics Director, you will:
- Oversee personal growth and development of a growing international Logistics team.
- Negotiate, select, manage, scale and optimize contract logistics and freight forwarder providers
in supporting aggressive product roadmap requirements.
- Drive performance both internally as well as with external partners to continuously improve cost,
quality, in-process yields and dependable sources of supply.
- Manage all logistics operations starting from origin points in overseas factories through to
delivery to our end customers (both retailers and Quirky.com). Areas of focus include: importing
functions (customs brokerage, freight forwarding), warehousing, weekly, monthly, and quarterly
capacity planning, fulfillment, distribution and reverse logistics operations.
- Develop key metrics and reporting with focus on driving quality, capacity, and delivery.
- Design and maintain metrics to ensure business objectives are obtained by all distribution
- Optimize the goods movement, understanding product flow and cost impacts from point of
origin to customer purchase.
- Partner with Systems team to define development needs including new EDI transaction
development or reporting tools.
- Drive stock balancing initiatives to ensure proper inventory levels at our east and west coast
- Periodic network analysis to monitor our growing business and ensure our existing foundation is
optimizing business needs and ensuring agility.
- Construct and maintain the annual Warehouse P&L Budget, balancing cost and quality.
- Manage relationships with all outside logistics partners
-Partner with Sales Operations and E-commerce/Platform teams to ensure feasibility and agility
within our direct and indirect distribution channels.
- Travel as required approximately 5% of work time.
- 8+ years of experience in logistics and distribution management
- A demonstrated history of creating and improving workflow and operations
- Experience partnering with business leaders to drive efficiency, optimize and develop process.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for what we are building at Quirky
Check us out at www.quirky.com. Register if you have not already done so. Spend some time on our site/app understanding what we do. If you like what you see, please throw your hat in the ring and apply!
||606 W 28th Street |
New York , NY 10001
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Tags:||logistics operations |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We Make Invention Accessible
20 - 50M RaisedInvestors: FreshTracks Capital
, Norwest Venture Partners
, RRE Ventures All Jobs: at Quirky
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||For centuries, becoming an "inventor" has been a hard gig to crack. Complexities relating to financing, engineering, distribution, and legalities have stood in the way of brilliant people executing on their great ideas.
Since launching in 2009, Quirky has rapidly changed the way the world thinks about product development.
We bring two brand new consumer products to market each week, by enabling a fluid conversation between a global community and Quirky's expert product design staff.
The world influences our business in real-time, and we share our revenue directly with the people who helped us make successful decisions.|
Support Quirky with Social Media services