Logistics Manager SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Texas - Ground Support Equipment Operations and Engineering | McGregor, TX, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
Rocket Development Facility â€" Our Texas team is an integral part of SpaceX operations and plays the critical role of testing our flight vehicles and spacecraft. Located on a 700 acre site in central Texas, the Rocket Development Facility is responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight, and from component level to complete stage testing. Experiencing the rumbling of a rocket engine multiple times each day is just one of the highlights of working at our Rocket Development Facility.
We are currently seeking an individual to fill a Logistics Manager position at our Texas Test Site. This position is responsible for overseeing all inventories, shipping/receiving and purchasing operations on site.
All employees on site work in a fast-paced environment, supporting a variety of propulsion testing programs and structural test stands. Specific responsibilities associated with this job include:
- Oversee inventory, shipping and receiving, and purchasing
- Planning, coordination and execution of domestic and infrequent international transportation plans
- Develop precise transportation/logistics plans including risk mitigation planning and cost estimates
- Coordinate execution plans with internal customers including remote launch sites
- Coordinating and oversee the order cycle and associated storage and movement of goods between sites
- Analyze logistical problems and produce new solutions
- Process the necessary documentation to complete job assignments and resolve discrepancies in order to expedite the flow of material
- Provide daily supervision of the logistics, shipping & receiving, custodial teams:
- Take an active role in hiring decisions
- Provide scheduling details, any needed instructional guidance of job assignments, correct procedures and applicable techniques to perform specific skills; ensure accuracy and completion
- Ensure all employees are trained and competent on required tools and equipmen
- Ensure employees have the necessary resources, product, tools and/or equipment
- Monitor and approve employee time keeping records
- Assess employee performance; provide positive and constructive feedback; provide conflict resolution; complete annual performance review process; address performance issues with corrective actions in performance improvement plans or through disciplinary actions
- Provide leadership by setting an example, being a model, taking input from everyone and deciding how it fits according to our strategic initiatives
- Identify process improvement and ensure operations are lean, efficient and effective
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of program oversight experience
- Proven ability to manage large scale projects
- Ability to marshal resources to get things done effectively and efficiently
- Ability to be diplomatic with a variety of individuals across the organizational infrastructure and with individuals external to the company
- Ability to effectively prepare, conduct, participate in and follow up on business meetings
- Exhibit leadership skills
- Knowledge of DOT and HAZMAT Transport regulations
- Ability to identify and mediate risks of transport
- Knowledge of the processes associated with the creation maintenance of an inventory system
- Knowledge of control and proper handling of flight inventory
- Knowledge of purchasing practices
- Knowledge of proper shipping and receiving practices
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Capable of developing clear and up to date procedural documentation
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and customers
- To conform with Government Space technology export regulations, SpaceX requires and only hires candidates with U.S Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holders)
Work Hours and Conditions:
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment
- Good response to challenges posed by short deadlines
- Acute attention to detail
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A positive, upbeat attitude
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments â€" heat, cold, rain
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying light to moderately heavy materials or equipment (15 to 50 lbs)
- Typically 50 hours per week, schedule varies depending on site operational needs, flexibility required
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED