Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The Logistics Senior Analyst is responsible for process engineering and project management for Tesla's Global Logistics Team. Primary areas of focus will include the development and evolution of Tesla's 'Warp Logistics' Transportation Management System, distribution network optimization, material flow engineering, and manufacturing facility site flow.
- Lead the continued internal development of Tesla Motors Transportation Management System 'Warp Logistics' supporting global production and services material flow and finished vehicle distribution.
- Project management of multiple cross-functional teams in a rapid-paced technology-manufacturing environment.
- Utilize enterprise cost mindset to design and re-optimize the global material, service, and product distribution network.
- Effectively communicate and drive change across all levels of the organization and supply base.
- Develop logistics services Statement of Work/Process SOW/SOP and assist the Commercial Logistics team with vendor negotiations and vetting.
- Develop and maintain key project metrics and executive dashboard on project implementation status and performance.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the work area.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Assure compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations, and laws.
- Maintain organized project records and documentation in compliance with local records retention policies.
- Identify & execute opportunities to increase bandwidth through automation and streamlining of business processes.
- Support the Company's mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, Packaging or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' experience in the development of Transportation Management Systems.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to communicate and motivate change clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Capable of creating written reports, proposals, processes, and project documentation.
- Knowledge of logistics, transportation alternatives, and customer expectations.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, product designs, safety, quality, and workflow needs.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver high quality results.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.