Machinist, Texas (2nd Shift) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Machinist, Texas (2nd Shift)
Texas - Ground Support Equipment Operations and Engineering | McGregor, TX, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
Rocket Development Facility â€" Our Texas team is an integral part of SpaceX operations and plays the critical role of testing our flight vehicles and spacecraft. Located on a 700 acre site in central Texas, the Rocket Development Facility is responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight, and from component level to complete stage testing. Experiencing the rumbling of a rocket engine multiple times each day is just one of the highlights of working at our Rocket Development Facility.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances, machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders
- Support metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection, and testing, using knowledge of machine functions, metal properties and mathematics
- Machine precision fixtures, tools and products from drawings, in accordance with established procedures, with limited supervision
- Set up machines to precise tolerances and operate various types of machinery following established procedures
- Cut, trim, or scarf metal objects, fit and fabricate metal components to dimensions for building and assembling test site structural forms
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers
- Set up and operate metalworking and cutting equipment; monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Maintain inventory of common stock materials
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5 years of experience in manual machining required, 10 or more years machining experience preferred
- Ability to read, interpret, and create blueprints and schematics
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Aptitude in spatial reasoning, attention to detail, and skilled craftsmanship
- Knowledge of the operation of lathes, shapers, milling machines, drill presses, and other related equipment
- Preference will be given to qualified local candidates
- A valid Texas Driver's License
Additional position information
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, and lifting 50 lbs.
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
Work Hours and Conditions:
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Typically 55 hour work weeks, schedule varies depending on site operational needs, flexibility required
- Overtime is frequently required for particular tasks or test series
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED