MacOS System Administrator (Help Desk) Zurka Interactive
We're looking for an MacOS Administrator to support users and a growing infrastructure of desktop installations. This position is full time with our team at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC. We prefer individuals who want to learn and grow their skills. People who, when given a large degree of autonomy, are eager to make meaningful contributions to the organization and their colleagues. A strong candidate will have demonstrated success in supporting users and managing Apple MacOS in a government environment (DoD preferred), have outstanding communications skills, and good interpersonal skills that allows them to help end users succeed.
This position is responsible for administration and support for MacOS based systems. Duties will include the following:
- Help Desk Support
- OS Installation
- Patch Installation
- Setup for PKI based authentication
- Managing systems to comply with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
- Troubleshooting problems and end user support.
- Install and/or patch third party products.
- Use Centrify to configure Macs for use in a Windows domain.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) Certification
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Apple Certified Associate Mac Management
- Apple Certified Associate Mac Integration
- Experience with Centrify
- Experience working for a Government Agency Managing Macs
- A Bachelor's degree (Technical fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Math preferred)
- 4+ years working experience in MacOS administration and support.
Active DoD security clearance is required.
Benefits include excellent compensation, eligibility for bonuses, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, life insurance, short term disability insurance, paid vacation, all federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day), casual dress, a flexible work schedule, top-notch equipment, travel to relevant conferences and a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems, and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies. This position is full time and on-site at NRL in southwest DC. For those not familiar with NRL, it is often described as a research university without the students.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web-based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.
The brilliant minds behind StartUpHire. We're a full service Web Application shop, and a great small business to work for.
< 5M RaisedSelf Funded All Jobs: at Zurka Interactive
|Headquarters:||415 Church St. NE|
Vienna, VA 22180
|Company Profile:||Zurka Interactive, founded in 1995, is an award winning web development firm. Zurka is dedicated to doing quality, forward-thinking work in a challenging and creative environment. Zurka's recent work includes web sites for Balducci's - Food Lovers Market, the US Naval Research Lab and StartUpHire.|
Support Zurka Interactive with Social Media services