Maintenance Planner SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Assurance of sufficient, on-site critical machine spares for all factory production and machining equipment or ability to expedite spare parts to site within a 4 hour duration.
- Creating, issuing, tracking and documenting the completion of all preventative maintenance (PM) schedules for all factory production and machining equipment.
- Reporting of PM statistics on a weekly basis (scheduled per week, completed per week without action, completed per week with additional action etc.).
- Follow up of all additional actions from PM schedules until complete, including the purchase and issue of any necessary spare parts.
- Monitoring and reporting of the Technical availability of all pieces of equipment.
- Trending performance, Pareto analysis of failure modes and subsequent adjustment of the PM schedule frequency in order to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assurance of sufficient minimum stock holding of all maintenance consumable parts, their reordering, controlled issuing and storage.
- Review of equipment specifications prior to purchase and the subsequent equipment buy-off of newly installed equipment, including the agreement on critical spares holding and warranty periods.
- Creation of documented machine capability test requirements for each new machine installation to support final machine payments to vendors and confidence in equipment reliability.
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree required.
- Minimum 5-10 years managing maintenance in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong mechanical/electrical background necessary.
- Strong computer and math skills.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of Team center or other PLM software systems is desired.
- Direct Knowledge of 3, 4, & 5 axis CNC milling and HTC & VTL machines required.
- Knowledge of water jet, friction stir weld, and metal spinning machines is a plus.
- Strong analytical and written skills.
- Microsoft applications a must.
- Possess excellent blue print reading skills and familiarity with CAD Systems.
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED