Maintenance Technician Intern Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
This internship is expected to last for 6 months.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Perform grounds, upkeep, repairs and preventative maintenance. Requires basic understanding of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, building and grounds.
1. Perform a wide variety of general building and grounds maintenance including painting, mowing, grounds upkeep, snow removal, ceiling tiles, room set up/tear down, changing light bulbs, washing windows, etc.
2. Perform a wide variety of equipment preventative maintenance including changing filters, coil cleaning, freezer defrosts, etc.
3. Perform a wide variety of health and safety preventative maintenance including maintaining/checking fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, shower stations and water testing.
4. Assist with minor electrical such as pulling wire.
5. Assist with minor plumbing.
6. Assist with projects.
7. Assist in the documentation of repair and preventative maintenance activities; provide follow-up information regarding status of assigned tasks.
8. Understands and applies job safety standards and protocols for type of work being performed.
9. Assist with pick up, delivery, loading/unloading of maintenance supplies, material and equipment.
10. Assists with inventory.
11. Assists with SAP labeling.
12. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Perform custodial related tasks as required.
2. Assist in various other Facility Services support activities as required or directed to assure and maintain a safe, efficient, and productive work environment.
3. Assist in material movement activities including but not limited to the moving of furniture, office supplies, process and laboratory equipment, documents, literature, packing materials, etc.
1. High School education or equivalent.
2. Currently pursuing advanced education in a maintenance related field.
3. Ability to use a wide range of hand and power tools effectively and safely.
4. Ability to work flexible hours.
5. Proven ability for problem solving and trouble shooting.
6. Must possess a valid driver?s license.
1. Technical training/certification in any of the following fields: refrigeration, welding, electrical.
2. Understanding of building mechanical and electrical systems and components including HVAC, refrigeration, boiler, facility automation systems and direct digital controls, fire alarm systems, and security systems.
3. Good communication skills to interact with all Promega personnel and the ability to communicate effectively regarding maintenance issues and customer requests.
4. Ability to maintain a positive, productive, and flexible work attitude with a willingness to adjust scheduled work hours to meet facility maintenance needs and do what it takes to get the job done.
5. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision.
6. Independent self-starter with positive attitude and above average organizational tools.
1. Ability to occasionally move objects ranging in weight up to 100 pounds up to one hour per day and perform building related construction and maintenance work.
2. Ability to work in areas of limited space.
3. Ability to climb ladders daily.
4. Ability to drive motorized equipment.
5. Ability to work in varying environmental temperatures.
6. Ability to drive.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED