Manager, Business Operations Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manager, Business Operations
Business Development | Santa Monica, CA, United States
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to fill a key role in a quickly growing organization. The Manager, Business Operations helps to drive strategy and revenue for Demand Media's large portfolio of owned and operated sites as well as 3rd party properties Demand Media works with. An ideal candidate will embrace working in a fast paced environment and be capable of thinking on their feet while wearing many different hats. Key responsibilities will include analyzing Demand Media's indirect revenue ecosystem on a daily basis, interfacing with stakeholders on the Business Development team to inform decision-making around existing and future monetization practices. Role is highly visible throughout the organization and will give ideal candidate a great platform to grow and be heard amongst leaders in the organization and industry.
- Analyze different potential ad tech partners to understand how they stack up versus our current partners to ensure we are working with the right partners that will be able to help us drive optimal yield and operational efficiencies.
- Be an expert in ad-serving systems, providing feedback on improvements as well as any issues that one may encounter.
- Be a master of overall yield ecosystem able to troubleshoot irregular areas quickly and create fixes accordingly
- Traffic, monitor and QA campaigns set up in multiple ad serving environments across multiple formats: display (gif/jpg/flash/3rd party tag), video, mobile.
- Work with Demand Media's internal rich media creative service team and understand their entire product offering as well as be able to traffic these ads across all of our sites.
- In tandem with existing team members, work to analyze and manage worldwide daily inventory across portfolio of over 50 sites living on a variety of different monetization platforms.
- Conduct daily and regular in-depth data analyses across partners and platforms to identify opportunities for improving existing monetization and/or new areas to explore (e.g. audience data)
- Deliver proactive recommendations for better and more effective monetization efforts, such as, but not limited to, recommendations based on A/B testing, new monetization products and enhancing our existing monetization strategy (e.g. different partners).
- Work with publisher sites and/or internal technical contacts to resolve any monetization set up or tracking issues.
- Strategize with team members to help come up with ways to improve overall revenue and yield.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business or Accounting (or similar)
- Strong analytical capability and Excel proficiency (i.e. Pivot Tables) required, aptitude for analyzing large data sets
- 5+ years ad operations and/or relevant online advertising experience required
- Experience with video and mobile preferred
- Have working knowledge of all different current forms of new media (display, mobile, video)
- Experience with Dart For Publishers, Data Management Platforms, and Google AdX required
- Knowledge/experience with DSM, Yieldex, Shiny Ads, Ad-Juster, JIRA preferred
- Experience in business development and negotiations a plus
- General knowledge of overall ad tech landscape
- Candidate must possess excellent attention to detail, be self-motivated and self-organized, impeccable organization skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere to meet tight deadlines.
- Employ detail oriented project management and entrepreneurial skills to execute in a fast moving environment
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED