Manager of Business Solution Consulting â€" HCM
USA, Remote Office US
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Infor helps organizations move faster by engineering purpose-built solutions that can serve as the business engine for specific industries. By focusing on the specific requirements of a range of critical industries, Infor lets customers focus on the most important tasks in their core business operations to achieve better performance quickly, seamlessly, and flexibly. With more than 70,000 customers, Infor is changing what businesses expect from an enterprise software provider. For additional information, visit www.infor.com
Job Title: Manager of Business Solution Consulting â€" HCM
Reports To: Manager Business Consulting â€" Global HCM
Job Summary: The Manager of Business Solution Consulting â€" HCM will be responsible to manage a team of business solution consultants. It's key that they understand that Infor is specialized by industry and engineered for speed. They will need to coach their team to adapt to change quickly to incorporate application, sales and strategy changes. They will also incorporate Infor's messaging, positioning and solution selling skills to properly coach their team in raising their game.
The team will consist of business consultants whose primary responsibility is to support HCM sales teams by providing product and industry expertise by demonstrating solutions utilizing Infor10 Unified HCM (UHCM), including HRMS, Talent Management and Workforce Management. The position will assign the best Business Consultant(s) to opportunities based upon an accurate assessment of the sales strategy. The successful candidate will lead a team and be a team member; instill a â€œcan doâ€ attitude, bring out the best in the team and lift their level of execution. Has the skills to ensure the team can understand the prospect/customers' problems, articulate it back to them and show how Infor Global solutions can improve their business and provide a Return on Investment (ROI).
Relationships/Interaction: The Manager of Business Consulting manages a team of consultants that work independently and at times together. The position works with and takes direction from the VP of Sales, Sales Directors, Channel Managers and Account Executives in the region. In addition it will be expected to maintain favorable working relations with other Infor departments
Direct Reports: This position will have a team of 6-10 business consultants with varying years of experience and across several geographies.
Key Responsibilities: The key responsibilities are listed below. This does not necessarily limit the scope of requirements to just this list and they are not necessarily ranked in order of importance:
- Understand, empathizes, and articulate prospects/customers' viewpoints and perspectives. Understand what problems, challenges and opportunities customers face in their business and how customers could use Infor solutions to address them
- Establish appropriate goals for the team. Plan and manage toward achieving goals, anticipate problems and issues and proactively drive their resolution
- Lead a team and be a team member, instilling a winning, â€œcan doâ€ spirit among co-workers and team members, bringing out the best in them and lifting their level of play
- Envision possible future scenarios and outcomes and develops appropriate business strategies and team changes
- Deliver high quality work and meet deadlines for internal and external customers
- Represent Infor to prospective and existing Prospects/Customers in a fashion consistent with Infor policies and procedures.
- Assess opportunities and assign the best Business Consultant/s to achieve a Infor selection
- Resolve issues and opinions in the team and amongst co-workers and negotiates the best outcome for Infor
- Communicate with the Global Manager of Business Consulting often by escalating issues to ask for support/help
- Give presentations, shadow their team and give coaching to improve
- Work closely with the Account Executives and Consulting Managers to develop tactics and strategies for the sales process
- Assist the Business Consultants with the product selection process ensuring the solution presented provides value for the prospect/customer and is marketable and installable
- As required, lead/participate in the development of complex and/or team-based demonstrations and presentations as they apply to customer/prospect problems and needs.
- Understand competitive offerings and be able to set opposition 'traps' during the sales process to enhance Infor's position in the sale.
- Coordinate the development of Channel and Infor Business Consulting team personnel throughout the region, including recruiting of new talent, training of new hires, etc.
- Develop relationships with existing Customers and prospects to increase Infor's revenue opportunities
- Assess and drive continuous improvement with your team and the broader working environment
- Demonstrate clear, articulate and well-organized oral and written communications style that effectively articulates complex ideas
- Proactively interact and establish rapport with diverse styles, backgrounds, and job positions/levels (technical through to executives)
- Enthusiastic, sees problems as opportunities, and proactively develops knowledge and skills needed
- Persevere through any and all situations with indomitable spirit and professionalism, keeping perspective and displaying a good sense of humor
- Self-motivated and able to develop sales strategies for prospects/customers.
- Ability to work independently and be effective/proactive in a relatively unstructured environment
- Willing to travel at short notices to accomplish sales team objectives.
- Easily work under high stress and tight deadlines
- Ability to travel 30-60%
- Excellent language skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem solving and analytic skills
- Strong organizational skills
- University Education Graduate - undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience required, preferably in a Human Resource field. Postgraduate or MBA desirable
- 3-5 years business consulting management experience with a similar software firm desired
- 3-5 years business consulting experience
- Extensive domain knowledge with software products (eg. Human Resource, Payroll, Benefits, Workforce Management, Talent Management and/or Learning Management Systems) and a broad technology understanding
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.
Send to Friend