Manager of On-Site Solutions BioStorage Technologies
The statements below reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the major
responsibilities of the identified position and are not to be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
The Manager, Biorepository Operations will provide direct, hands-on leadership of all
biorepository and sample preparation personnel. In managing these multidisciplinary personnel,
the Manager, Biorepository Operations will ensure quality execution of Biorepository policies and
procedures. Position involves directing and implementing the day-to-day tactical activities
associated with Biorepository activities and Sample Preparation. The Manager, Biorepository
Operations will create and implement Biorepository and Sample Preparation policies and
procedures which result in attaining departmental milestones and achieve high levels of client
Major Responsibilities, Activities and Task Statements:
1. Oversee day-to-day operations of biorepository including:
a. Receiving and coordinating of retrievals for materials coming into and leaving the
b. Contact and handling of potentially biohazardous materials including blood, body
fluids and other tissues from various sources (typically in a frozen state)
c. Working with biological materials at various temperatures
d. Data entry of information related to the biological materials, into a proprietary
e. Sample preparation services as directed by customer of BST protocols.
2. Provide leadership of multidisciplinary teams toward a common objective.
3. Responsible and accountable for all activities and outcomes of assigned personnel.
4. Responsible for overall fiscal management of areas of responsibility. Responsible for
ensuring that all quoting/billing documents are harmonized and accurate. 5. Responsible for monitoring obligations in client master service agreements and contracts to
ensure that Biorepository and Sample Preparation activities meet these contractual
6. Create actionable strategies that ensure the smooth and timely start-up, integration, and
quality execution of Biorepository and Sample Preparation projects.
7. Develop metrics and new business processes that align with a global strategy and achieve
consistent high levels of client satisfaction.
8. Propose recommendations and solutions that increase the likelihood of consistent
9. Develop appropriate best practices resulting in standardized and streamlined global
processes and efficient use of resources.
10. Establish overall department vision, drive continuous improvement initiatives, develop and
monitor effective performance metrics, and coach and develop department members.
11. Work with other functional areas to develop and implement project and resource planning.
12. Identify, monitor, and maintain the appropriate department resources to successfully
achieve milestones and high levels of client satisfaction.
13. Determine and monitor cost drivers to assist in prospective identification of profitability and
resource planning. Balance workload within and across departments to meet operational
and client requirements.
14. Develop and implement an integrated and effective planning (resource planning, specimen
project grouping, etc.) and forecasting tool.
15. Develop and implement processes that strive for an effective balance between
flexibility/customization and process efficiencies.
16. Develop proactive, innovative processes designed to work effectively across functional
departments, to remove potential roadblocks and resolve organizational conflicts concerning
people, resources, facilities, etc.
17. Implement and monitor processes that ensure appropriate escalation of issues and
continuous, appropriate communication of issues across the organization.
18. Communicate regularly with sales account managers for assigned clients. Develop
relationships with targeted clients.
19. Ensure all service failures are identified, investigated, and resolved appropriately. Proactively
manage and drive the resolution of client issues. Promote continuous process improvement.
20. Work closely with the Sr Director of Global Biorepository Operations and staff to develop
strategic initiatives that focus on overall performance metrics, client satisfaction, and leading
indicator mechanisms that are meaningful and drive quality and efficiency improvements.
21. Provide general scientific and operational knowledge to Sample preparation and
22. Ensure maintenance of all facility equipment to include but not limited to freezer units and
generator is done timely and in accordance with BioStorage Technologies SOPs. Position Specifications
? University degree (Bachelor?s or Master?s)
? Fluent in English (verbal and written)
? Minimum 5 years of clinical laboratory experience
? Minimum 3 years of management and supervisory experience
? Excellent computer skills including
o Internet for research and working with companies
o MS Word, Excel, Outlook
? Strong orientation to detail
? Good working relations and communications with colleagues and customers
? Flexible and adaptable to changing work environments
? Demonstrated high level of initiative and ability to work independently
? Ability to organize, prioritize and manage workflow
? Ability to initiate and complete tasks
? Excellent problem solving skills
? 4 year degree to be science
? Successful completion of graduate-level business courses
? Central laboratory experience
Organizational Core Competencies:
The Organization Competencies for the Management Team:
? Customer Centric
? Accountability to Team and Self
? Delivers Results
Managing and Measuring
? Clearly assigns responsibility and accountability for tasks and decision
? Proactively sets clear objectives and measures
? Monitors process, progress, and results appropriately
? Provides timely and objective feedback on performance and takes appropriate action ? Takes a holistic approach, even when addressing departmentally specific processes
? Excels in capacity and resource utilization.
? Delivers individual and team results to the company and clients
Building team behavior
? Collaborative and cooperative
? Encourages a participative process; has a ?win-win? orientation.
? Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team
? Shares wins and successes
? Fosters open dialogue while confidentiality
? Encourage autonomy while holding each other accountable
? Creates a feeling of belonging in a team
? Shares recognition and credit with others.
? Can infuse spirit and influences others to be creative and high performing.
? Motivates others with one?s own vision and plans.
? Acts in accordance with the company values.
? Models behavior that is above and beyond reproach.
? Motivates others to accept a challenge.
Employee will be working on an area with potentially infectious materials. Employee will be
responsible for maintaining a clean work environment and enforce and follow universal
precautions for pathogens when working in an area considered to be potentially contaminated.
Some travel, including international travel may be required.
||Thousands Oaks, CA |