Manager of Sales Communications and Training - Oakland, CA Pandora Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
At Pandora we have a single mission: To play only the music you'll love. (okay, we've added comedy as well â€" so we're also up for playing some jokes you'll love). To do this, it takes lots and lots of smart, self-motivated, and passionate people. Our teams are innovating in everything we do â€" from our playlists, to our ad services, to making Pandora available everywhere. All of that is in the service of building the best product we can, so that you can simply enjoy the music. Working at Pandora is a job, but a job you'll love.
Manager of Sales Communications and Training - Oakland, CA
The Manager of Communications and Training at Pandora will lead the development and deployment of Pandora's suite of sales communication and training programs. In addition to regular consulting and communication with key executives, stakeholders, and sales team members, the Manager will be responsible for curriculum development, project management, quality assurance, facilitation, and materials management.
Curriculum Development and Quality Assurance:
Original curriculum development
- Scope and write original curriculum for a variety of selling needs, which could include sales soft skills, product knowledge, management skills, service skills, and on-time learning tools.
- Curriculum will span across a variety of sales channels and experience levels, which could include Management, National Sales, Local Sales, National Spot, Network, and Service.
Content aggregation and curation
- Identify the content required for training development , identify content sources/ subject matter experts, set dates/ deadlines for content aggregation, compile master files and content repository.
- Act as liaison to content providers/ subject matter experts.
- Copy quality â€" ensure that copy aligns with desired outcome and objective; ensure copy is written with highest level of professionalism; correct spelling and fix grammatical errors
- Design quality â€" enhance and/or establish layout, formatting, and alignment; identify areas that require Marketing support and plan accordingly
- Facilitation quality â€" identify and ensure that facilitators/ collaborators are audience appropriate and adequately prepared with pre-vetted speaker notes, scripts, and/or instructions
- Successfully scope programs and anticipate needs, resources, time, and budget.
- Establish a â€œroad mapâ€ for management and sales curriculum using a consistent project management tool that can be easily updated and managed.
- Anticipate dependencies, manage to milestones, adhere to deadlines.
- oIdentify potential roadblocks, scope creep, budget impact, etc and formulate recommendations and workarounds.
- Communicate regular progress/ status to key stakeholders and management using an executive-level format and/or presentation.
- Manage resources and project teams accordingly.
- Deliver programs on-time and at the highest levels of quality.
- Manage budgets.
Metrics and Measurement:
- Establish sales training benchmarks
- Identify measurement tools and execute training measurement programs (ie. quizzes, tests, certification)
- Report measurement results to senior management
- Assess findings and make recommendations for improvement
- Create and maintain library of approved training materials (ie. The Wall)
- Collaborate with HR on the implementation and maintenance of Pandora's LMS
- Schedule and communicate Training Programs, such as Pandora U, New Hire Sales Onboarding, Product Roadshows/ Learning Pops, and more.
- Manage Communication Programs, such as Sales Management Meetings, Monthly Local Team Calls, Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Ensure all programs are effectively marketed to sellers and stakeholders
- Communicate program status and progress in management/ executive meetings
- Ensure all training programs and materials are accessible to the sales force and stakeholders
- Participate in client meetings to stay abreast of our business
- 4 -6 years in Sales, Sales management, and/or Sales Training.
- Experience in the Media industry, specifically Broadcast Radio and/or Digital media.
- A passion for Sales and a respect for the discipline and the art of selling!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in effective group communication/ marketing of training programs.
- Credibility, stature, and personal presence among experienced sales professionals.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage a variety of resources in a fast-paced, changing environment. Possesses a sense of urgency.
- Expert project management skills, including project planning and execution, anticipation of dependencies and milestones, ability to lead project teams, and manage external contractors.
- Working knowledge of adult learning theories and principles of curriculum development.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and manage project priorities and timelines to achieve results.
- Passion for excellence and high quality in the finished product; attention to detail is critical to success.
- Excellent proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, WebEx, and scheduling applications.
- Travel required.
||Oakland, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED