Manager of Strategic Accounts-Business Development Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Must be located in or near San Francisco
The Manager of Strategic Accounts will work as part of the Splunk BD team to accelerate the company's growth in existing markets and to develop new market opportunities. This person will have primary responsibility for driving revenue-generating activities with current strategic partners as well as expanding Splunk's partner eco-system to leverage new Splunk product functionality. The opportunity is for an experienced business development professional to structure relationships that generate significant direct and indirect revenue. We're looking for someone that has experience with direct sales (hunter/quota carrier) & relationship builder (consultative)
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Sell Splunk into our strategic partner accounts by identifying new use cases across the enterprise
- Structure and negotiate various partnership agreements (GIS, OEM, ISV & Fortune 100 companies)
- Drive go-to-market activities with partners
- Identify and develop new market segments and new applications that drive Splunk usage
- Drive joint sales opportunities with Splunk and partner sales teams
- Exceed quota and metrics
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 7-10 years of business development or strategic account sales experience within the software enterprise space
- 3+ recent years managng strategic relationships with Global Systems Integrators (GSI's such as Accenture, IBM, Capgemini, Delloite and PA, HP, Dell, Cisco, Microsoft ); This is a MUST
- 3 + 5 years experience with direct sales (hunter/carried and exceeded quota) to large enterprises
- Hands-on, field-based technical experience a plus i.e. solutions architect or sales engineering
- Experience selling software products and services to large, enterprises
- Someone who can both define strategy and drive execution of new business initiatives â€" someone who can â€˜figure it out' and â€˜get it done'
- A strong, verifiable track record of managing complex, revenue generating relationships
- Referencable relationships with relevant technology companies
- Experience defining, implementing and managing go-to-market activities
- Technical understanding of various IT architectures, data center operations and cloud services
- Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- Must live in or near San Francisco (able to commute into office. We do not pay for relocation expenses)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Education: Got it!
- B.S. / B.A. required, technical majors a plus, i.e. engineering, computer science
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
KEYWORDS: Oracle, EMC, McAfee, Salesforce, Partnerships, IBM, Accenture, MBO,Systems Integrators, Global, Alliances, Silicon Valley, Bay, Peninsula, â€œField Salesâ€, quota, BMC,
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED