Manager of Technical Support
The Manager of Technical Support is responsible for leading a team of Technical Support Engineers in providing a superior customer experience to small, medium and Fortune 100 customers utilizing the Bit9 endpoint security solution in their environment.
This leader must possess excellent customer service skills and the enterprise software technology experience needed to work successfully in high-visibility, time sensitive situations where customer success is the ultimate goal.
Bit9âs culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our solution and loyal to our customers, each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, technical accuracy, friendly customer service, and most of all, making our customers successful with our product.What will you do?
What do you have?
- Promote a customer-centric technical support culture that goes above and beyond what the customer expects and ensures that every Bit9 customer contact is positive, effective and low effort.
- Achieve customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying customer service trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Ensure customer service excellence and guaranteed response times by actively monitoring support emails/tickets and ensuring all tickets are resolved in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Work closely with Sustaining Engineering Manager on case escalations supporting rapid customer resolution and continuous customer communication
- Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
- Lead team in creating new knowledgebase articles to capture new information for reuse â both internal and customer-facing.
- Accomplish people management objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Coach team members to provide customer-centric support that solves the problem, taking into account customer preferences; teach troubleshooting methodology, call handling skills, and engaged diagnostic techniques; mentor staff to guide customers toward self-serve support options in a service-oriented manner.
- Maintain biweekly one-on-one meeting schedule with each direct report to provide performance feedback, coaching, goal setting, and to discuss potential projects and training needs.
- Actively manage the support schedule and work assignments. Manage and approve time off requests and expense reports.
- Ensure each team members are actively contributing to the improvement of online services by setting expectations and contribution goals.
- Identify training topics and schedule continuing education.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelorâs degree (Masters preferred) in information technology, information management, or related field
- Proven industry experience designing, implementing, and managing global, 24x7, distributed, remote customer support teams.
- Strong communication, teaming, presentation and data analysis skills.
- Experience with Salesforce, GoodData, and endpoint security products a must.
- ITIL certified helpful but not required.
- CISSP certification a plus.
- Experience administering Salesforce a plus.
- Highly organized.
- 10+ years of experience in technical support management positions.
Bit9 is an equal opportunity employer.Â No agency calls, please.