Manager, Online Acquisition & Conversion Optimization PhotoShelter
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED You are always following current trends and best practices in interactive media and marketing, are constantly trying to find ways to implement what you learn, and like being the internal go-to resource on these topics. You thrive on the numbers but have a creative streak as well. Being called a marketing nerd is a well paid compliment. You like photography, and you may have even taught yourself a thing or two about it.
Sound like you? Read on!
PhotoShelter is seeking a Manager of Online Acquisition and Conversion Optimization to join our marketing team. This role will have end-to-end ownership of the strategy, execution and continued growth of our online acquisition channels, including email, search, re-targeting and affiliate marketing. He/She will also be responsible for website content -- as it relates to customer acquisition -- and optimization. More specifically, this person will:
- Devise and execute email campaigns to drive acquisition and upgrades among leads and current customers, including writing content, adapting/conceiving new email templates, and pushing the email out through our marketing automation system.
- Oversee an external paid search consultant. Together with the consultant, track and identify opportunities for improvement in our CPC campaigns.
- Perform strategic data mining and analysis, drawing insights and making recommendations that he/she will use to optimize campaign performance, website conversion and develop customer targeting strategies.
- Support team members in executing email marketing campaigns focused on lead generation.
- Identify and build out new online media channels where appropriate.
- 5+ years experience creating and executing online marketing campaigns that drive business growth through customer acquisition and conversion optimization, preferably at a fast-paced consumer-facing internet company (SaaS/subscription services a bonus!).
- Excellent writing skills. An ability to translate product features/messaging into copy that will attract and convert prospects into customers. (You know the difference between product benefits and product features -- and how to balance them to get customers to convert)
- High level of comfort with analytics services and testing tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Visual Website Optimizer, Kiss Metrics) and marketing automation software or a combination of an email platform + CRM database.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS (light coding/editing) and Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Ability to work independently, knowing when to solicit feedback and direction when to run with things on your own.
- A team player who loves sharing ideas, juggling multiple tasks, and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Based in Union Square, PhotoShelter is an established technology company and is the worldwide leader in portfolio websites and online tools for professional photographers. You'll get to work with like-minded, creative individuals who are passionate about problem solving, research, marketing, and of course photography. You must be a self-starter who can take initiative on projects and enjoys collaborating closely with other designers, marketers, product strategists, and engineers.
The Good Stuff:
We offer the usual good stuff a competitive salary, stock options, 401(k), health and dental coverage, life insurance, and commuter benefits. We also offer an awesome office location (hello Union Square), a wealth of in-house photography knowledge from corner to corner, team dinners and outings (our office is full of foodies, and we indulge in this area -- from cold brew to home brew), and exposure to amazing photography, photographers, and trends in the industry.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED