Manager, Product and Test Engineering Impinj
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manager, Product and Test Engineering
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Manage a product and test software engineering team responsible for RFID chip characterization, qualification, and production test. This is a hands-on role that includes production test software development of new RFID chip products while providing production support for our current chip products. Expect approximately 50% management and 50% direct technical tasks.
- Provide technical leadership of product and test engineering team on new test software, chip test characterization/debugging, and qualification projects.
- Using an Agile development process, lead software best practices in development, test, and verification. Practices include code reviews, unit test automation, and QA.
- Work closely with design engineering to define software requirements and architecture for test and reporting infrastructure.
- Review design of test circuit schematics and fixtures, along with debugging in an engineering lab environment using RF and digital measurement equipment.
- Work closely with chip design team to define test approach and requirements.
- Author technical documents and reports for internal or customer consumption.
- Interface directly with equipment vendors and sub-contractors to evaluate and recommend test equipment and design services for purchase.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline and at least 10 years of direct-related, industry experience.
- Experience as engineering manager, mentoring and directing technical work.
- Software programming proficiency in C/C++ and at least one scripting language.
- Domain knowledge and experience with volume production of RF products and/or RF/analog chip products.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with wafer-level chip testing of RF chip products.
- High volume manufacturing test experience.
Apply To This Job
||Full Time |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Impinj, Inc. is the leading provider of UHF RFID solutions for identifying, locating and authenticating items. Impinj's GrandPrix- technology platform is the most comprehensive and widely adopted in our industry. The GrandPrix platform's key elements are Monza tag chips, Indy reader chips, and Speedway readers and subsystems. RFID systems built on the GrandPrix platform deliver real-time information about tagged items, thereby enabling applications and analytics designed to improve business decisions and enhance consumer experience. Leading retail, apparel, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, t
> 50M RaisedInvestors: ARCH Venture Partners
, Madrona Venture Group
, Mobius Venture Capital
, Physic Ventures
, Polaris Venture Partners
, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund All Jobs: at Impinj
|Headquarters:||701 North 34th Street|
Seattle, WA 98103
|Company Profile:||Impinj focuses exclusively on UHF (ultra-high frequency) RFID (radio-frequency identification) solutions. UHF RFID enables writing individualized information to and reading information from tagged items without line of sight, at longer range, higher speed, lower cost, and with more automation than any competing technology. Impinj embraces the global industry standard for UHF RFID, called UHF Gen 2, which we extend through our leadership in the standards-setting process and enhance with our proprietary technologies and deep domain expertise. UHF Gen 2 systems are ideally suited for high-volume, item-level applications that require low-cost consumable tags, such as retail inventory management, pharmaceutical authentication, and airline baggage tracking.
Impinj was founded on technology developed by Dr. Carver Mead and Dr. Chris Diorio that enables low power, programmable, minimum-size analog circuits. Semiconductor visionary Dr. Mead was awarded the National Medal of Technology in 2003 and has founded more than twenty companies in his professional career. The driving force behind the UHF Gen 2 standard and winner of the RFID Journal Live Special Achievement award in 2011 for those efforts, Dr. Diorio is Chairman and CTO of Impinj and also an Associate Professor at the University of Washington. He has personally revolutionized using RFID in applications from supply-chain to pharmaceuticals.
Impinj, founded in May 2000, is privately held and has raised over 110 million in funding. Investors include ARCH Venture Partners, Alliance Bernstein, Cipio Partners, GF Private Equity, Inventec Appliances Corporation, LS Industrial Systems Co. Ltd., Madrona Venture Group, Mobius Venture Capital, Polaris Venture Partners, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund, Venture Tech Alliance, Viterbi Group, and YFY Group.|
Support Impinj with Social Media services