Manager, Revenue Accounting Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manager, Revenue Accounting
Finance | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Infoblox is the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies-- and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team-- our future looks bright, and so will yours. Infoblox has more than 6,700 global customers, including 200 of the Fortune 500, and offices in over 30 countries with headquarters in Santa Clara, Calif.
Manager, Revenue Accounting
Santa Clara, CA
Job Summary: The Revenue team is responsible for ensuring the integrity of world-wide revenue by providing technical expertise, business sense, and a strong desire to improve processes and controls. The Revenue Manager reports to the Director of Revenue, and has responsibility for operational and technical accounting aspects of the Company's revenue streams, which include product, maintenance, consulting and training revenues. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of revenue accounting systems, processes and best practices along with thorough knowledge of revenue accounting technical requirements, including expertise in ASC 985-605 (formerly SOP 97-2), ASU 2009-13 (formerly EITF 08-1) and ASU 2009-14 (formerly EITF 09-3). The candidate must be detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills, and be very hands-on.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Own the revenue cycle including review of contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 985-605, ASU 2009-13, ASU 2009-14, and related accounting pronouncements.
- Responsible for the monthly revenue close, which includes preparation of journal entries and account reconciliation and analyses of revenue and deferred revenue.
- Leadership role in recruitment, development and retention of growing revenue team.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the Company's products and services, revenue streams and distribution channels.
- Establish strong working relationships with key contacts in other departments including Sales, Sales Operations, Legal and IT.
- Lead continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and business processes.
- Proactively research technical revenue issues and answering revenue questions.
- Prepare management reports including revenue analysis and metrics.
- Assist with development of new and models and reports to support revenue forecasting function.
- Responsible for global Best Estimated Selling Price and VSOE compliance.
- Review customer arrangements and external communications for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Prepare audit and quarterly review schedules.
- Ensure financial systems are appropriate for tasks performed and are developed, tested and implemented appropriately.
- Assist with Company's initiative for Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance by maintaining required documentation and coordinating the testing of Revenue cycle.
- Software revenue recognition experience required.
- 8+ years professional experience, including at least 2 years of industry experience in revenue recognition with company subject to ASC 985-605, ASU 2009-13 and ASU 2009-14.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. Big 4 CPA/MBA desirable.
- Practical knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and comply with tight deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Excel. Experience with large ERP system (Oracle preferred).
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously.
- Problem solver: Candidate should be a strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
- Efficient and Creative: Candidate should be able to think outside the box to find the optimal solution to problems.
- Communicative: Candidate will take an 'open source' attitude to quality assurance. Keeps others in the company informed and up to date on his or her priorities, current tasks and work completed. Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work.
- Flexible and adaptable: Candidate should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Attention to detail: Candidate must live by the mantra of â€œthe devil is in the detailsâ€ and will take great pride in getting it right.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services