Manager, Software Development Netcordia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manager, Software Development
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA, United States
This Manager will be responsible for leading a team for the design and development of product features and functionality, working closely with other engineering staff to build a quality product.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Hands-on management a team of software engineers developing infrastructure software for a Linux-based appliance
- Responsible for all aspects of team deliverables â€" requirements analysis, task break down and estimation, on time delivery and quality.
- Develop accurate project schedules and maintain progress reporting
- Work with developers to monitor quality of deliverables and set a high standard for developer testing. Work with QA to help define effective test plans
- Undertake initiatives to proactively improve quality of software by identifying any weaknesses in design or implementation
- Participate in technical meetings and represent platform team interests â€" vendor meetings and third-party product integrations
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading components such as systems software, open source packages and linux modules.
Core Competencies/Skills & Knowledge:
- 2+ years experience hands-on, first line management of software development team of 5+ engineers.
- 8+ years experience in infrastructure software development,
- Experience with Networking programming â€" sockets, TCP/UDP/IP, high-availability implementations, client/server systems, software installation and upgrade.
- Strong systems background and knowledge of Linux kernel and OS internals, GNU tool-chain and debugger
- Proven proficiency in C and Shell programming
- Keen awareness of Software security and writing Secure Software
- Knowledge of higher-level network programming such as RESTful APIs and JSON is a plus
- Prior experience with Network appliance is a plus
- Knowledge of databases design and concepts is a plus
- Full software development life-cycle experience with proven track record of shipping software
- Results oriented, solid work ethic with excellent attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Four year degree in CS, CE or EE is required. Graduate Degree in CS, CE, EE a plus
and participate in presentation engagements
- Language Requirement: English
- Written: Must be able to create technical documentation for engineers and other divisions of the company
- Verbal: Must be able to articulate complex technical concepts and code
- Interpersonal: Strong technical aptitude with ability to lead by example
- Presentation: Internal presentation
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Netcordia delivers a network management system that is easy to use, produces useful information everyday, and provides a system-level view of the network.Investors: Novak Biddle Venture Partners
, Trinity Ventures All Jobs: at Netcordia
|Headquarters:||2431 Solomons Island Road|
Annapolis, MD 21401
|Company Profile:||Netcordia is a leading provider of network automation software to the worlds most complex and mission-critical networks. Its award-winning NetMRI Network Change and Configuration Management (NCCM) solution continuously audits multi-vendor infrastructures, identifies anomalies early, speeds resolution, and automates network changes. Netcordia helps more than 250 leading organizations in healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, academic, service and government stretch IT budgets, improve overall performance, meet corporate policy and comply with stringent regulations. |
Support Netcordia with Social Media services