Manager, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement directs and coordinates activities with all sourcing partners including raw material suppliers, custom part manufacturers and subassembly suppliers to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations. Responsible for all aspects of sourcing with new and existing supply partners to ensure optimal business solutions are met. This position has the primary responsibility for developing worldwide sourcing strategies utilizing an understanding of best sourcing practices, with the goal of securing low cost and sustaining continuous cost reductions and quality, service and delivery improvements.
1. Manages and analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; contacts department or initiator to clarify or complete information; determines method to process requisition based on dollar amount, timeliness required, existing open contracts, and/or competitive bidding.
2. Resolve problems related to ordering, delivery, receiving and supplier invoicing; determining the source of the problem and taking appropriate corrective action.
3. Identifies partners for alliances in order to leverage purchasing power and business synergies. Collaborates with vendors and customers to improve total costs (pricing, inventory carrying costs) and service.
4. Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to departments; assists departments in initiating requisitions and orders, and solves problems with orders.
5. Manage the corrective action process for supplier and process related issues, ensuring timely resolution.
6. Develops and implements vendor performance programs. Guides performance and develops capabilities of vendors to ensure attainment of delivery, quality, and price commitments.
7. Partner with program management, engineering, product development, risk management, and operations on new product development and product enhancement programs to ensure effective sourcing of materials to meet specifications, material requirements, and pricing from suppliers.
8. Work closely with QA/RA in the creation and maintenance of policies and procedures necessary to ensure efficient, effective execution of purchasing responsibilities, and in full compliance with ISO 13485 and QSR certifications. Support internal and external audit requests, record keeping and retention requirements.
9. Work closely with production planning to manage inventory levels to ensure required raw materials are available in inventory to support planned manufacturing needs. Make necessary adjustments based on production build forecast changes and ensure suppliers are able to support these changes.
10. Works closely with other departments within the organization to ensure all business requirements are incorporated into sourcing strategies.
11. Ensure purchasing policies are properly integrated with Accounts Payable and General Ledger functions, including proper period-end cutoff and accruals.
12. Maintain systems to track cost saving initiatives, aggressively following up on variances.
13. Maintains all contracts and related records and files; prepares management reports as required.
1. Procurement (buying) responsibility for assigned low dollar value commodities (i.e. printing services, catalog lab supplies, office supplies, R&D supplies).
2. Participate in technical documentation review and development process.
3. Execute special projects as requested by the Director of Operations or others.
1. Bachelor?s degree with course work in operations management, procurement, finance, and accounting.
2. 10 or more years of relevant purchasing or buying experience; with solid comprehension of procurement policies, procedures and techniques.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of strategic sourcing best practices and commercial negotiation.
4. Demonstrated successful relationship management skills with suppliers, as well as with internal departments.
5. Proven negotiation skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal and customer-service skills; requiring a balance of assertiveness, tact, and diplomacy.
7. Ability to interface with multiple levels of management, including senior management and executive leadership at both procurement and business unit levels.
8. Experience working in an ERP environment required; SAP experience highly desirable.
9. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines.
10. Problem solver and solution oriented.
11. Technically adept at MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
1. Certification in Purchasing Management (CPM) or APICS.
2. Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
1. Ability to use telephone and computer equipment.
2. Able to work extended hours.
3. Ability to travel as required evaluating capabilities and capacities of current and proposed suppliers.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED