Manager, Supplier Quality Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Manager, Supplier Quality is responsible for defining, managing, and monitoring the supplier quality program to ensure the program meets external requirements/expectations while ensuring high quality product and services are provided to Promega. The Manager, Supplier Quality will have strong communication, interpersonal and prioritization skills and will work closely with key internal stakeholders across the organization.
1. Develops positive relationships and effective lines of communication with both internal stakeholders and suppliers.
2. Establishes clear processes and procedures for managing supplier quality program for products and serviced purchased by Promega.
3. Manages daily operations, budget and personnel activities for supplier quality team.
4. Leads supplier quality program with a strategic focus.
5. Acts as a liaison to other Promega sites and all Promega suppliers, ensuring consistency between those sites, suppliers and corporate.
6. Communicates process and requirements of supplier quality program to associates and oversees training associated with the program.
7. Facilitates development of process to identify customer needs, assure that Promega suppliers and external manufacturers have strong, capable quality systems that are in compliance with requirements and provide leadership to external manufacturing and supplier quality systems regarding strategic and tactical direction.
8. Help establish and deploy a Closed-Loop Quality Management System that integrates all process modules (Audit, non-conformance tracking, CAPA and Change Control) and ensures completion of required tasks.
9. Manage the supplier quality program and data such as:
? Supplier qualifications
? Approved Vendor List
? Supplier survey and audit findings
? Non-conformance Tracking
o Supplier Corrective Action Requests
o Corrective Action and Preventive Action
10. Contributes to or leads meetings to present the Supplier QA data, results and issues to management with executive responsibility.
11. Leads working meetings to review the status of supplier quality issues and associated actions.
12. Supervises and coaches direct reports to meet department, quality and business objectives.
13. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assists with or leads cross-departmental or corporate projects or initiatives as assigned.
2. Works with management with executive responsibility on urgent/critical activities or projects needed for the business.
3. Assists with technical and/or company assessments for product line or business acquisitions.
4. Performs supplier evaluations including onsite audits at supplier locations.
5. Provides budgetary inputs and analysis for departmental budgeting process.
1. Minimum BS/BA in science, engineering, or Quality related field.
2. 5+ years? experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
3. Minimum 3-5 years leadership experience at a department level. Experience should include directing a QA or technical group or groups in a scientific, biotech, medical, or chemical industry.
4. Track record of significant improvement in supplier and materials/instrument quality.
5. Demonstrated experience in achieving results in a cross functional environment.
6. Strong leadership, project management and computer skills.
7. Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written.
8. Experience working in an environment under ISO, and QSR standards and regulations.
1. CQE (Quality Engineer Certification), CQA (Quality Auditor Certification), CQM (Quality Manager Certification) is preferred.
2. Demonstrated skills in the recruitment, coaching and development of staff to meet organizational needs.
3. Demonstrated results in the supplier management practices, especially in a biotech or medical device organization.
4. Experienced in designing and/or using electronic systems for supplier quality activities.
1. Ability to work with telephone and computer equipment.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED