Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Tesla Motors is looking for a motivated, experienced, and knowledgeable leader to the company's Demand Planning and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes. To support demand planning, this leader is responsible with building the required partnerships and processes with sales and marketing to drive a regular and repeatable demand plan based on a variety of available inputs. That resulting demand plan is an input to the tactical material requirements planning process as well as to the broader S&OP process. As the champion of the company's S&OP activities, this leader will need to build on existing processes to continue to improve Tesla's ability to balance supply and demand, matched with financial and product plans, over the longer term planning horizon. This leader will have a small team of direct reports, and will need to be capable of partnering with and influencing executives from diverse functions across the company in order to effectively lead both Demand Planning and S&OP.
- Develop, implement and own execution of an effective Demand Planning process as Tesla's business model continues to evolve and our product portfolio expands, driving increased planning needs.
- Identify and create needed linkages with Sales and Marketing to support Demand Planning. Drive process, accountability and metrics.
- Formulate and execute plans related to supply chain integration, materials systems and production planning to achieve â€œworld classâ€ performance, with emphasis on on-time delivery, inventory optimization, and lead-time reduction.
- Coordinate and communicate cross functionally with Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Engineering and Finance to incorporate requirements, constraints and business objectives into production planning
- Maintains and executes MRP in close partnership with the Material Planning teams within both the Powertrain and Vehicle production organizations.
- Partner with various functions involved in NPI to ensure new products are included in planning activities at the appropriate time in the development lifecycle.
- Drive effective product transitions within the planning environment.
- Lead the formulation and implementation of Tesla's S&OP strategy and process, as well as continue improvement activities.
- Lead Tesla's practice and execution of monthly executive S&OP. Work closely with leadership in sales, marketing, supply chain, production finance and product development to ensure alignment of relevant plans and proactively resolve identified gaps in these plans across organizations.
- Establish relevant metrics and targets (e.g., plan accuracy, plan stability, delivery performance, inventory, etc) to identify, assess and correct out of tolerance performance.
- Act as a key advisor to executive management in influencing the strategic direction of the business, specifically in the area of supply, demand, capacity and associated cross-functional plans.
- Maximize use of systems and technologies deployed in supply chain to help analyze and develop solutions
Potential candidate must have excellent planning and organizational skills combined with extensive knowledge of supply chain functions for complex manufacturing environments, including but not limited to planning, inventory control, product data management and purchasing, as well as solid knowledge of key partner functions such as sales, finance and product development.
- Strong complex manufacturing supply chain experience, preferably within the automotive industry
- Hands-on team leadership skill in motivating and developing individuals and teams.
- Mentoring skills and the ability to accept and delegate accountability.
- Strong organizational skill with the ability to manage both strategic and tactical responsibilities.
- Evidence of customer-focused, both internal and external, and result-oriented management style.
- A passionate and high energy leader, who possesses diplomacy and cooperative style necessary to positively influence others
- Management style to drive excellence and high level of accuracies.
- Track record of developing, implementing, and driving the company-wide Planning or related business processes and policies.
- Advanced consulting, influencing and negotiation skills; ability to ensure strategic alignment with multiple parties. Given the highly cross functional nature of the Demand Planning and S&OP role, knowledge and experience in a number of these disciplines is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management, materials purchasing, planning, master scheduling, and inventory management skills and experience relating to complex supply chain and time-critical programs, especially those related to automotive and power electronics components, sub-assemblies, vehicle integration, and contract manufacturers.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in NPI environment, engineering change management and controls, product life cycle management, and design-to-production materials program management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in developing, implementing, and assessing key metrics and process indicators for effective team and materials program management.
- Ideally have sufficient knowledge in six-sigma, Kaisen, lean manufacturing methodologies, and world class order fulfillment systems.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in related field, of which minimum of 5 years of work experience must be in functional management of supply chain operations and planning teams.
- Minimum of B.S. degree in technical, business, or operations management discipline. An advanced degree or MBA highly preferred.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.