Manager, Support Software Engineering Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manager, Support Software Engineering
San Mateo, CA
Guidewire's customers are insurance companies in the Property and Casualty insurance industry. They adopt Guidewire's flexible, state of the art software solutions, configuring and integrating them to deliver insurance their way, creating opportunities for competitive advantage. We have an unmatched customer satisfaction rating, and are committed to a customer implementation success rate of 100%. This is unheard of in the enterprise software industry and is our key focus as the preeminent provider of software solutions to this industry. Guidewire Customer Support needs a Manager to lead our team of support software engineers. This includes managing customer relationships with major players in the global Property and Casualty Insurance industry. The manager will grow the knowledge and capability of the team in specific products or platforms and drive process improvements within the organization. The successful candidate for this role will manage engineers who are themselves certified in product functionality and technical integrations using Guidewire's Java, XML, and Gosu-based APIs. The role is highly collaborative, working with development, product management, professional services, third party consultancies, and executives at customer sites to resolve customer issues and define best practices. The role requires strong hands-on technical skills with Guidewire products and its underlying platforms, strong communication skill to interact with customers and partners at all levels, and inspired management skill. These skills help recruit, train, and manage the support engineers to own their customer relationships, while maintaining strong relationships with Guidewire partners and internal teams.
The position requires minimal travel (approximately 5% or less) to customer sites for product launch transitions and courtesy visits where appropriate. To assist in serving Guidewire's global customer base, the Manager may need to work outside of standard business hours when needed, and participate in conference calls with support engineers and customers in remote regions.
- Provide expert-level guidance and mentorship to support team members and colleagues in analyzing and resolving customer production issues, which may include product defects, implementation errors, or environmental factors.
- Recruit and manage support software engineers assigned to key customer accounts, including oversight of their initial training and certification process as well as ongoing review and coaching in technical and customer skills.
- Manage escalation of urgent support issues from customers, working with the engineers, customers, professional services, and development. Review and monitor action plans related to customer escalations. Reach out to the customer's management team as needed to help resolve critical situations.
- Develop and implement education programs for support engineers to grow their expertise and to effectively share this expertise with peers and customers. This includes diagnostic skills, product-specific expertise as well as specialized areas within the products.
- Work with CRM and defect-tracking systems to generate and analyze ongoing operational reports for senior management. Monitor and report on work quality and throughput. Identify areas for improved performance and define goals based on performance metrics. Contribute to the design of features for our customer web portal and other customer-facing communication channels.
- Implement processes for documenting and maintaining the Technical Support Team's body of knowledge, and making this expertise available to customers and services teams.
- Experience managing and coaching a team of software and/or support engineers involved in implementing or supporting complex enterprise software applications.
- Experience working with enterprise software customers in a consultative role, including communication with senior managers, creating and implementing action plans. Project management experience in such environments is highly desired.
- Hands-on experience in Java/J2EE software development and demonstrated expertise in developing, debugging, and deploying code in production enterprise software environments.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage customer relationships and provide ongoing support for technical projects; proven track record in managing complex and challenging customer situations.
- Ability to work with services integration consultants to review technical designs and participate in code reviews.
- Background as a Systems Consultant at a Big 5 consulting firm or equivalent
- Prior Business Process and configuration experience with configurable enterprise software such as PeopleSoft, Siebel, or SAP web architected solutions
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior implementation experience on an insurance related project
- Previous implementation experience in at least two full life-cycle implementations
- Experience with Tomcat, Web Logic, and Websphere application servers for enterprise software applications.
- Experience with relational databases including Oracle, and/or SQL Server.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do. Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services