Manager, Systems Engineering Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manager, Systems Engineering
Engineering | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 748
IN THE TIME IT TAKES YOU TO READ THIS SENTENCE, THE BRIGHTCOVE PLAYER HAS BEEN LOADED OVER 9,000 TIMES WORLDWIDE.
THAT'S OVER 1 BILLION VIDEO PLAYER REQUESTS PER WEEK!
Brightcove is seeking a Systems Engineer who is looking for a career in management. The role is highly technical with the responsibility of managing a team of Systems Engineers in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape the strategy on our next generation virtualization, storage solutions, IaaS and hardware platform.
Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing public company, and play an integral role building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about building reliable, highly-scalable and secure compute infrastructure and storage (multiple PB) in a hybrid environment comprising of conventional co-located datacenters and AWS
- Must have experience solving complex challenges in a high scale, high availability and distributed environment
- Must be proficient (hands-on experience) in the following broad areas: Datacenter architecture, Linux, Scripting, Configuration Management, Monitoring, Storage, AWS and Security
- Must have held Senior, Principal, Team Lead or Manager of Systems Engineering/Administration positions in a fast-paced mid-sized organization
- Lead a team that is responsible for designing, building and managing our co-located physical infrastructure and AWS environments that runs Brightcove's SaaS platform.
- Budgeting, CapEx and OpEx management
- Vendor management and negotiations
- Handle escalations (on-call) for complex issues from the Platform Operations team
- Must have a BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Must have at least 10 years of hands-on experience managing large scale compute infrastructure
- Strong hands-on experience with Linux, GSLB, Virtualization, Server and Storage hardware, AWS, Scripting(Perl, Python or any scripting tool)
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services