Manager, Vehicle Integration Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top engineers in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone.
You'll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
- You must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world. Without passion, you would find what we're trying to do too difficult.
- You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
- We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder.
This position requires the individual to lead or participate in developing, integrating and launching full vehicle content for Tesla's automotive products. Key responsibilities include executing vehicle performance requirements, ensuring that overall performance is optimized for customer satisfaction and that development and validation activities are completed on time, with excellence.
Manager â€" Vehicle Integration
- Establish vehicle and system technical performance requirements and work with engineering teams to ensure validation tests and test reports are completed in accordance with program timelines.
- Determine performance status, gaps to performance requirements and action plans to achieve requirements within program timing and design constraints.
- Interact, integrate and drive results across cross-functional teams in engineering, supply chain, executive leadership and with suppliers
- Communicate periodic status and achievement plans to teammates and leaders
- Use analytical, benchmark or vehicle (on-road and laboratory) development tools/methods, as appropriate.
- Author evaluation reports, program status reports, issue resolution tracking reports
- Create and execute timing, development and validation plans
- Work with Marketing to develop Product definition and manage the vehicle optional content
- Create and maintain Vehicle Technical Specifications
- Work with engineering teams to create and maintain Subsystem Technical Specification
- Manage and Track vehicle mass roll up and overall Cg
- Track and manage BOM cost roll up
- Participate in and lead vehicle program integration team meetings
- Participate in program packaging team meetings when necessary
- Support program milestone reviews
- Provide clear program direction and status
- Clear, frequent communication between peers and other work groups
- Support vehicle manufacturing launch as required
- Participate in in-vehicle physical testing, evaluation and demonstration
- Understand laboratory and vehicle test procedures to determine system performance and interactions.
- Utilize standardized work and common processes.
- Adhere to all Safety Precautions and Requirements, and treat safety as the top priority during all work activities.
- Minimum 10 years of experience of experience in full live-cycle automotive product design/development engineering, from involvement concept phases through successful product launch and start of serial production
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (preferred)
- Preferable experience in DOORS requirement database management software
- Minimum 3 years experience in creating, reviewing, interpreting and approving the vehicle requirements and their relation to the engineering BOM
- Demonstrated success working in high performance, innovative engineering work environments and co-located teams
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED