Manufacturing Engineer, Electronics (Controls Systems) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Manufacturing Engineer, Electronics (Controls Systems)
Avionics - Hardware Development | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Perform a hands-on engineering and liaison role between the hardware design team and our production organization as SpaceX works to implement new designs into the manufacturing phase.
- Participate in design reviews acting as an expert in design for testability, design for manufacturability, yield improvements, supplier capabilities assessments, quality control, etc.
- Develop and leverage an expertise in guidance, navigation and controls systems inlcuding GPS Systems, Start Trackers, IMUs, Lidar Systems, etc.
- Update designs when necessary in response to manufacturing issues, parts obsolescence, and system requirement changes.
- Drive optimization of test procedures for flight acceptance and schedule deliverables.
- Incorporate EMI concerns into test and manufacturing process to streamline production from sub-assembly through integration.
- Prepare engineering documentation necessary for the transition from development to production including schematic diagrams, bills of materials, suitable alternate parts lists, mechanical drawings, assembly procedures, and test procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar technical area of study
- Demonstrated professional experience providing engineering and manufacturing support for the production of highly complex electronic products; Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing as part of a cross-functional team
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Strong work ethic and a self-starter
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED