Manufacturing Engineer & Hardware Production Lead Nomad NOMAD
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer & Hardware Production Lead Nomad (we are all nomads here since we love simple, elegant, and highly functional products that keep us going wherever we are on our adventures) to join our fast-growing San Francisco-based startup as we quickly scale and ship ChargeCards and ChargeKeys across the world. You will be the Technical hardware guru inside the company and you will build out and grow our manufacturing and engineering program. You will bring our products from ideation to production. You will define and establish all the processes, procedures, and systems to enable the manufacturing of Nomad products while achieving exceptional quality at the lowest cost. You will be extremely hands-on while building, driving, and owning all product development from conception to launch, both for our existing products as well as new product portfolio. If you are the right person for this job then you will dive in and own every single product end-to-end and be consumed day and night with how we can make our products even more functional, simple, elegant, and produced as efficiently as possible with our manufacturing partners.
- Build, drive and own product development from ideation, development, and conceptualization through to Asian manufacturing partner negotiation and coordination, mold development and assembly process oversight, quality assurance, testing, and final product launch.
- Get all products through all necessary certification including MFi, CE, RoHS, UL.
- Communicate key focus points and next steps to management, manufacturing and future product strategy.
- Develop, maintain, and track program plan, including schedule.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with mass produced, highly cosmetic, injection molded, consumer products is necessary (must have experience with elastomers and overmolds).
- University degree with major in technical or engineering background.
- Hands-on experience at Asian manufacturing sites.
- Experience dealing with high volume manufacturing partners.
- Experience working in the mobile device industry, especially with Apple MFi accessories a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, attention to detail and process improvement skills.
- Entrepreneurial bent - strong ownership, great leader, and team worker.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate tasks to appropriate staff and perform required follow up.
- Must be personable, work well independently, as well as in a team environment and able to motivate others.
- Must be willing to travel to Asian countries on budget.
This position includes a significant equity compensation and therefore we expect you to make NOMAD a major priority in your life and fit well with our team.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We design and manufacture and sell the world's most innovative and minimalist smartphone accessories.
< 5M RaisedSelf Funded All Jobs: at NOMAD
San Francisco, CA 94133
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||We're a team from San Francisco working hard to dream up and build out tools for the 21st century nomad.
And who exactly is a 21st century nomad It's us and it's you. It's anyone who'd rather live more than own more. Anyone who'd rather invest in experience than waste money, energy and time on useless stuff. Anyone who looks at their smartphone as a tool helping them them intertwine work, life and adventure.
Like any good nomads, we started NOMAD on the run while living between a basement, a garage, a boat and the open road.
We're focused on building simple solutions to simple problems, problems that shouldn't slow us or you down. ChargeCard and ChargeKey are just the start of our modern, minimalist, mobility movement. Check us out: www.hellonomad.com|
Support NOMAD with Social Media services