Manufacturing Engineer Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: This engineering role will support the existing filling and packaging areas in manufacturing to maximize up time of equipment while ensuring product quality. Lead and initiate product filling and packaging projects to achieve quality improvements, cost efficiencies, and meet customer requirements. Also, will coordinate preventative and predictive equipment maintenance to ensure maximum quality and efficient operations. Leads the Mechanical Technician team to meet Promega?s manufacturing needs via a hands-on supervision approach. Works with leadership to coordinate the priorities and activities of the Mechanical Technician Team with manufacturing needs.
1. Lead and supervises mechanical technician service team to higher levels of performance through hiring, training, creative problem solving and knowing what to prioritize to meet manufacturing needs. This includes supervising, prioritizing, and coordinating the activities of the team and assign preventive maintenance work.
2. Provide technical and project direction to Mechanical Technician team including standards, specifications and criteria.
3. Initiate, implement and complete improvements or strengthening of existing processes through the use of data-based decision criteria.
4. Partner with Maintenance and Production to identify permanent solutions to recurring problems or customer complaints. Perform team-based root cause analysis to assure process improvement.
5. Assure that appropriate levels of preventive maintenance and general maintenance support are provided in a safe, efficient, and timely manner and perform follow-up review of team work assignments to assure the timely and effective completion. Lead the scheduling of work for the Mechanical Technician team to accomplish routine maintenance activities.
6. Monitor and improve the existing production processes in the areas of safety, environmental, quality, throughput, efficiency and operating costs.
7. Lead and support process improvements through changes to process conditions, equipment, automation and instrumentation systems.
8. Identify, initiate, analyze results and make conclusions from all available resources to evaluate production issues and process improvements.
9. Transfer process and equipment knowledge to manufacturing staff.
10. Develop and revise standard operating procedures.
11. Interface with other engineering and technical groups to ensure alignment and for effective planning for new products and future capabilities.
12. Aid in the scope development, design and start-up of capital projects:
-Collect and analyze production process data.
-Generate sound recommendations and conclusions.
-Work within plant practices in the management of resources, funds and methodologies.
13. Continuous development of staff through department meetings, 1-1 meetings, performance management, and career grid development and maintenance.
14. Create, manage and oversee the maintenance of needed documentation for the Mechanical Technician Team to ensure compliance with Promega?s quality system, business, regulatory, and contractual needs.
15. Act as a liaison with will all Promega departments to meet their needs and provide superior customer service; present a positive attitude when addressing needs, situations and requests. Also to be able to balance the customers needs or desires with company assets.
16. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Provide occasional input to the design team working on implementing the new building as we all providing support to the installation, commissioning and qualification of newly acquired manufacturing lines.
1. BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Packaging Engineering or related field.
2. Four or more years of engineering experience in liquid filling and packaging processes for small to intermediate volume packaging.
3. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision.
4. Two or more years experience managing maintenance staff.
5. Proven experience with successful implementation of process improvement projects.
6. Experience in relevant industry such as food, biotech, pharma, etc.
7. Familiar with ISO13485, ISO9002 and/or cGMP.
8. Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
9. Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail.
1. MS degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Packaging Engineering or related field.
2. Independent self starter with positive attitude and above average organizational tools.
3. Experience working in a laboratory environment.
4. Knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance practices/principles.
5. Knowledge of continuous improvement tools such as Kiazen, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, etc.
6. Green Belt or Black Belt certification in Six Sigma tools.
1. Ability to occasionally move objects ranging in weight up to 100 pounds up to one hour per day.
2. Ability to perform equipment maintenance.
3. Ability to work in areas of limited space.
4. Ability to climb ladders occasionally.
5. Ability to drive motorized equipment.
6. Ability to work in varying environmental temperatures.
7. Ability to drive.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED