Manufacturing Engineer Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto Networks is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer that will provide leadership and monitor/assist EMS to meet goals in quality and cost reduction. In this role, the Manufacturing Engineer will introduce new products into the manufacturing environment by performing DFM review, define and maintain process flow/routing, BOM structure, and engineer change requests. They must also demonstrate the ability to work closely with a cross-functional team, involving various engineering and operations functions, to achieve NPI goals and improve processes problems.
- Work with designer/fabricator/Manufacturing to resolve fabrication & assembly problems. Ensure design for manufacturability (DFM), design for test (DFT), and design for service requirements are developed, implemented and validated for components and assemblies to reduce product cost and improve delivered product quality to meet operations team's goals.
- Work with Manufacturing/Ops Teams to implement / develop the most feasible manufacturing solution. Identify, design or recommend purchases, and implement manufacturing aids (fixtures, jigs, tools, etc.) to reduce costs associated with direct labor, scrap and rework. Manufacturing process instruction (MPI) development, implementation and modification
- Interface between manufacturing & engineering to resolve questions/problems.
Work with QA to understand & resolve product non-conformities issues.
Analyze, troubleshoot & identify root cause failures. Investigate product and component/assembly failures for quick resolution of root cause and determine the appropriate corrective actions required. Nonconforming material (NCMR), corrective action preventative action (CAPA) resolution and documentation.
- Shared responsibility/management of engineering change requests (ECR) and other types of requests (CAR, SCAR, ECO, MCO, etc.) in Product Lifecycle Management tool, Arena Solutions. Determine and enforce through functional groups â€" document control requirements in order for the company to meet internal and external needs; evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of all changes, deviations, etc.
- Must be able to work independently and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, internal and external customers, suppliers and at all levels of the organization
- Strong investigative and problem solving skills
- Must have experience working in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality improvement methods
- Strong in Electro-mechanical assembly. Experience with systems test environments a plus.
- Proficiency in process, problem solving, and failure analysis techniques such as SPC, Six Sigma, TQM
- Experience with ISO 9000, RoHS2, WEEE, and Safety Agency requirements (UL, CE, etc)
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and BTS/BTO Manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency with tools such as SolidWorks and/or AutoCad, MS Office applications a must
- Familiarity with Arena Solutions, Agile or similar PLM tools (Product Lifecycle Management)
- Must be a self-motivated, organized and strong communicator
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment a must
- Minimum BSME or BSEE
- 4+ years related experience required in the computer networking industry.
- Involvement and/or membership in relevant industry standards bodies is a plus.
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED