Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate.
Stamping Process Engineer: Optimize production methodologies, improve manufacturability, and exercise continual improvement throughout the Stamping Production Center. Optimize product flow though the center through process optimization that may include tool /fixture selection, line layouts, ergonomic and time studies, material presentation, and other relevant factors. Interface with design, and manufacturing engineers, , test, and quality engineers, managers, supervisors and production associates to solve manufacturing, product and quality problems. Sustain products with cost reduction and yield improvements. Work with QA to compile and evaluate data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications.
- -Provides leadership and guidance with regards to press specification and performance standards
-Provides detailed evaluations of new and used stamping equipment, including but not necessarily limited to, Mechanical and Hydraulic stamping presses, feed lines, blanking lines, laser blank cutting, facility support equipment and plant infrastructure.
-Proficient in ROI and payback calculations for new and replacement equipment purchases.
-Support capital Budget planning.
-Management of equipment rebuilding and improvements.
-Develop and execute detailed project timeline plans providing regular updates to management.
-Significant interaction with suppliers and management of contract expectations
-Schedules and facilitates machine trials at suppliers and at TMF.
-Ensures that suppliers adhere to machine building standards.
-Participates and perhaps leads the Machine standard documentation development.
-Significant, extended travel, including internationally may be required from time to time.
-Provides direction and leadership to Launch Support Team including Maint Technicians.
-Provides a detailed documentation record of â€œas builtâ€ conditions.
-Provides direction to Engineering Techs and Engineering Interns as necessary.
-Other tasks assigned by Staff Engineer or Manager.
-Supports design specifications for RFQ's.
-Provides direction and receives feedback from suppliers ensuring that quality, cost and delivery commitments are met.
-Approves supplier designs.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering
- 5-8 years experience in Industrial Engineering in an Stamping Environment (Automotive preferred)
- Use of Standard Time Data software or systems
- Schedules and facilitates machine trials at suppliers and at TMF.
-Solid experience in large press repair and install practices
-Demonstrated experience working with contractors
-Knowledge of local building regulations
-Knowledge of GD & T and component print interpretation
-Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical control systems
- Must possess process engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshoot, data analysis, etc.)
- Ability to solve problems using structured methods.
- Good understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design, process validation, assembly methods, design reviews and cost reduction methodologies.
- Experience breaking down high-level (e.g. device level) performance issues into addressable action items.
- Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying statistics to process measurement and control.
- Strong skills with common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, etc).
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.