About Tesla Motors:
Tesla Motors is an aggressive young company in the San Francisco Bay Area. We design and manufacture the advanced electric vehicles, battery packs, and drive systems that are changing the future of transportation. We are building technically strong, fast-moving teams that pride themselves on superior execution.
Tesla is looking for a highly motivated engineer to create manufacturing equipment and processes for our cutting edge Batteries. The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components of the electric car. As a result, Battery development is at the heart of our company. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to building a world class manufacturing facility in the San Francisco Bay Area. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of an incredibly exciting product.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In addition to developing manufacturing equipment and processes, Manufacturing Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will work closely with Design Engineering, Quality and Production to take Battery design changes and new Battery designs from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
Equipment Development and Implementation
- Design of manufacturing equipment and fixtures
- Collaboration with small teams on in-house development of novel and complex manufacturing equipment
- Specification development for manufacturing equipment
- Close collaboration with external equipment suppliers on equipment design
- Management of external equipment suppliers from equipment development through buyoff
- Validation and characterization of new equipment and fixtures for introduction to the production floor
Process Development and Implementation
- Development of new manufacturing processes
- Creation of detailed Manufacturing Instructions to define new processes and document new equipment operation
- Training of technicians and line operators on manufacturing processes
- Design of production workstations for ergonomics and efficiency
- Modeling of line capacity and line balancing
- Analysis of process data to identify key areas for development
- Performance of DOE for process characterization and improvements
- Deployment of statistical control for key processes
- Performance of PFMEA and RCA
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
Skills and Experience:
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|