Manufacturing Test Engineer Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Manufacturing Test Engineer for the Manufacturing Technical Operations team with a focus on Manufacturing Systems Test Engineering. This individual will work collaboratively with the Technical Operations Test Engineering team to execute and sustain Palo Alto Networks hardware platforms. This individual will provide leadership and guidance to our EMS and RMA partners in developing, deploying, and sustaining Palo Alto Networks test platforms to ensure our hardware platforms meet and exceed our quality goals and objectives while maintaining an industry leading level of customer satisfaction.
- In collaboration with the Technical Operations Test Engineering team, platform software and hardware engineering teams, relevant operations groups, and EMS test engineering team, executes to the test strategy, test plans, test capacity and test environments as required for all Palo Alto Networks hardware platforms in the EMS manufacturing environment, repair and refurbishment environment, and internal test, debug and product verification environment.
- Provides technical leadership to the EMS test engineering team members as needed to resolve production and field issues and determine root cause by gathering and analyzing data, related to test coverage, test yields, scripting issues, bone piles, while ensuring production goals and throughput meeting the build plans.
- In collaboration with engineering and operations, this individual will continuously work to review, approve, and improve our OEM/ODM partner test processes and procedures, identifying gaps, and planning solutions to fill those gaps through the implementation of industry best practices for hardware product test and to ensure product quality of both new and repaired/refurbished product.
- Will contribute in development and documentation of test fixtures, equipment, and procedures unique to each new Palo Alto Networks product during the product development life cycle.
- Establish and maintain the necessary test environment, tools, processes and procedures required for the repair and refurbishment of RMA materials, both in-warranty and out-of-warranty, internally and through our EMS and service partners.
- Ensure a robust test environment exists to provide for an internal and external failure analysis and RCCA (root cause and corrective action) activity in collaboration with operations, product quality and manufacturing engineering.
- Serve as the focal point within Manufacturing Operations for issue escalation, tracking and closure related to our manufacturing test environment.
- Mid to senior level technical skills in the manufacturing test environment, both PCBA and box build/system level assemblies.
- Understanding and proficiency necessary in test scripting and programming, finding root cause and resolving complex test environment issues.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. A highly collaborative working style is a must.
- Moderate to fluent in programming languages and tools used for the test environment (Linux OS, Tcl, Expect, Shell Script, Python, Network Switch, Terminal Server, and PDU)
- Ability to apply a working knowledge of server/client and IP based networking hardware architecture, both system and component level, to the test environment.
- Demonstrated ability at hardware debugging to component level and fault isolation is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with test engineering principles, methods and industry standard â€œbest practicesâ€ in a manufacturing test environment including JTAG, boundary scan, 2-corner and 4-corner testing, RDT and ORT test environments. A history of implementing such test environments is highly desired.
- Experience in working in a collaborative environment with industry leading EMS providers a must.
- Minimum BSEE, BSCS, BSCE, or BSET.
- 5+ years related experience required in the computer networking industry.
- Involvement and/or membership in relevant industry standards bodies is a plus.
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED