Market & Sales Data Analyst Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: This position collects, analyzes, evaluates, and reports data on global marketing tactics, product/market sales trends, and competitor data with the purpose of improving return on investment in sales/marketing activities and of leveraging internal data to improve sales and market share. This position also supports voice of the customer initiatives and competitor intelligence activities.
1. Conduct quantitative analyses of internal and external information. Conduct analyses of customer experience and purchasing patterns with the on-site stocking channel. This includes analysis of data from Promega Express units, internal sales data, marketing tactics metrics, and customer contact information. Focus of the analyses is to provide decision support for global growth and retention strategies.
2. Collect and develop reporting systems for key metrics to assess the effectiveness of marketing, channel, and sales tactics including data from: Google Analytics, externally placed promotions, trade shows and events, on-site stocking systems, COGNOS and other sources. Focus of the reporting system is on creating flexible and actionable information from which to improve the return on investment from marketing, sales and on-site stocking programs.
3. Support the annual price increase process by providing analysis, reports and trend information to strategic business units and branches. Focus of this activity is providing decision support for annual price increase activities.
4. Support the Commercial Analysis and Intelligence manager in planning, managing, implementing analyzing the results from both qualitative and quantitative voice of the customer and user experience testing projects.
5. Review and propose new research sources and methodologies to refine processes and to improve quality and timeliness of decision support information.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Excellent analytical thinking ? ability to work well with numbers and analyze complex data.
2. Detail oriented with the ability to see how the details fit into the overall, bigger picture.
3. Expert at use and sourcing of research tools.
4. Comfortable and efficient working in a fast-paced environment.
5. Strong time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last minute requests.
6. Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented environment.
7. Strong problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
1. Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, or Statistics.
2. 3-5 years of market research experience with emphasis on quantitative data analysis.
3. Strong project management experience.
4. Solid interpersonal and communications skills.
5. Proven ability to interpret data and express those implications of analysis.
6. Demonstrated expert level of proficiency in one or more enterprise data warehousing tools such as SAP, BW, BI, BOBJ, Navision, Cognos.
7. Demonstrated expert level of proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
8. Working knowledge and experience with one or more Web Analytics packages (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends, etc.).
2. Ability to work within a team environment, exuding professionalism, integrity and dependability is highly desired.
1. Ability to use telephone equipment.
2. Ability to use computer equipment.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED