Marketing Assistant (part-time) - Brooklyn Yelp
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED From real local businesses to amazing events and organizations, do you keep tabs on all the happenings in this city that never sleeps? D?ya love attending food festivals, charity events, fashion shows, art fairs and more? Would you consider yourself a connector? Have a special marketing mindset and event-planning prowess?
As the Marketing Assistant for Yelp Brooklyn, you?ll be a part-time Yelp employee (working out of your home or in our awesome office) at the helm of a vibrant, buzzing community of locals who drink, shop and play their way through the city via peer recommendations on Yelp. Marketing Assistants are driven, self-motivated, charismatic, and organized as they?re tasked with wrangling a slew of to-dos both on- and off-line, from event execution to marketing!
Community Managers in more than 100 Yelp communities are responsible for marketing, PR, other social media outlets, event planning, e-newsletter campaigns, and various odds and ends on the local level ? but they can?t do it alone! CM Marketing Assistants play an integral part in supporting activities designed to rally the Yelp community both online and off.
Uber-organized with a can-do attitude! You always meet deadlines, are willing to work, and can juggle many things at once.
Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
Marketing maven. Ability to plan, build and execute marketing partnerships with community organizations and events. Creative. Outgoing. Social.
You reside in NYC and consider yourself a local expert.
Ready to learn.
About the job
Marketing outreach. Connect with the right local organizations; barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp.
Event planning. Conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy (big wow factor!) events/parties/activations.
Communication. Be accountable with stellar communication to your Community Manager, brand ambassadors, interns and those who support you at Yelp HQ.
So What Are Some Possible Responsibilities of a Yelp Marketing Assistant?
- Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc)
- Co-managing the Twitter/Facebook handles
- Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching
- Online community building
Other fun requirements
- 4-year college/university degree
- Currently living, eating, breathing (or working) in NYC
- Experience with social networking, social media, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning
- 12-15 hours per week
- Marketing assistants must be 21+.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
1. Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style. Tell us why you?re right for the gig.
2. Resume showcasing your relevant experience.
3. A link to your (full and interesting) Yelp profile ? this is your writing sample, so make it look good!
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED