Marketing Communications Manager Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is looking for an experienced and versatile Marketing Communications Manager to join our marketing team (based in San Francisco). The optimal candidate will demonstrate a broad working knowledge of and demonstrated expertise in marketing communications with an emphasis on writing (collateral, web, programs) and project management. Interested candidates must be prepared to provide sample work demonstrating this experience. Splunk is seeking candidates who have a track record of performance working in a high growth technology company.
(please include two recent writing samples along with your resume)
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Writing. You will write, edit and produce compelling written materials: success stories, fact sheets, product collateral, whitepapers, HTML emails, newsletters, web content, all of which demonstrate an understanding of Splunk technology and our brand voice
- Project Management. You will manage the end-to-end communications process: project scheduling, brief development, writing, review/approvals and distribution.
- Presentation development. You are skilled at PowerPoint and will help the team fine tune and polish external presentations.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Minimum of 5 year's marketing experience; 2-3 years in a marketing communications capacity
- Track record of performance working on a high productivity team in a fast-growth company
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in technology marketing, including the ability to take complex technical concepts and communicate them to both business and technical audiences
- Exceptional writing skills: web, social web, products and programs (samples required)
- Strong desire to learn, contribute and think innovatively
- Must be able to develop project plans and be able to execute on those plans
- Strong working knowledge of the technology industry with direct experience working with an Information Security, Systems Management or Developer-focused technology company
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables
- Past experience working with Salesforce.com and Eloqua
Education: Got It!
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English or equivalent
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED