Marketing & Communications Specialist SustainX
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is an exciting and fast-paced position working with Business Development to coordinate public relations and marketing communications across the business.? Candidate must be very articulate, have a sense of humor, positive professional attitude, but very disciplined. Must have the ability to think strategically and develop creative ways to use Marketing and PR communications as a means of effectively communicating and achieving marketing strategy and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communications management: developing/maintaining press relationships, generating stories and exec interviews, writing press releases, etc.?
- Marketing materials: design and writing of electronic and printed collateral and business presentations, etc.
- News monitoring and analysis, as appropriate
- Website and social media management
- Conference/event tracking and management
- Customer/partner visit management
- Industry Associations management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor degree communications, marketing or related degree or equivalent years of experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in marketing communications and public relations, preferably in the electric power industry or industrial products industry.
- Business Acumen: able to apply discretionary judgment to make effective decisions when appropriate; know when to escalate, be cautious or take action; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Technical Skills: Strong competence with computer skills (MS Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word), including deep understanding of digital and social platforms. Collateral graphics ability a plus.
- Communication: Excels at written form of communication to the level of copywriter; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Initiative: Proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently, set priorities and take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability: Job requires being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations; Being resourceful under pressure.
- Project Management: Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Analytical: Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs marketing & PR workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely resourceful manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
General office environment. No special physical demands required.
Travel: 5-10% of time
||Seabrook, NH |