Marketing Data Analyst Gree
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Marketing Data Analyst
Marketing | User Aquisition
GREE International, Inc.
San Francisco, CA
GREE is looking for a sharp, highly quantitative, and results-oriented data analyst to dive deep into our abundant ocean of data, seek out actionable insights, and drive decisions by solving some of the industryâs most challenging problems. GREE is one of the largest mobile gaming companies in the world, and the amount of data we collect on a daily basis reflects that. Because every decision we make is backed by data, we require exceptional data analysts with the passion and skills to properly leverage our huge stores of information.
To help you do your job, you will have access to the industry's best tools and any additional resources you might need. You will have substantial influence on GREEâs business and strategy through direct communication with executives as well as a seat at the decision making table. In addition, the position offers a lot of freedom and can be individually tailored to your experience and skill sets. If you think you have what it takes to make an impact, weâd love to hear from you!
- Utilize predictive modelling, machine learning, and data analytics to drive marketing decisions
- Develop algorithms and statistical models to optimize ad purchasing
- Work closely with and influence the user acquisition team and game teams to identify the best sources for customer acquisition, optimal bidding strategies, game launch strategies, and game portfolio strategies
- Solve complex problems with partial, incomplete, and/or dirty data
- Explain shifts in market dynamics, territory /region dynamics, mobile marketing trends, and user quality trends to executive team
- Maximize studio revenues and growth by identifying the best sources for high quality users and strategically driving volume
- Support and influence various departments and teams as the expert of marketing insights
- BS/MS in Applied Math, Statistics, Engineering, or other quantitative field
- 1+ years of experience working with and analyzing large datasets, preferably at a consumer internet company or in consulting or finance
- Passion for diving into the nitty, gritty of data and using it to meet and exceed business goals. Whenever someone asks "Why?" you can't help but run the data to get an answer.
- Strong interest in cross-platform social gaming and knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Strong communication skills to be able to influence others with the story of what youâre seeing in the data
- Strong SQL and Excel skills required. Experience using Tableau a plus.
- Strong statistics background required. Experience using R preferred.
- Coursework in Bayesian statistics, time series analysis, and machine learning preferred.
||San Francisco, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Functional Area:||Business Development|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Self Funded All Jobs: at Gree
|Company Profile:||Our goal is to make mobile social gaming meaningful by building the best mobile social gaming ecosystem for users and developers worldwide.
GREE was ranked as Japan's fastest-growing tech company by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in 2010, and now has a global reach of over 140 million users.
Over the past 30 years, Japanese companies have successfully pushed gaming into the mainstream, and we see the same opportunity for GREE with mobile social gaming.
GREE's US office is currently in Burlingame, CA but will be moving to San Francisco in April 2012.|
Support Gree with Social Media services