Marketing Intern Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire is offering an internship program for the summer of 2013. This is an opportunity to work in a real-world business environment on a key initiative.
As an intern, you will utilize your Marketing and writing skills to deliver important proposal materials and maintain customer profile details which are used by Guidewire's leadership team during the Sales cycle. You will be delivering incremental changes to our estimating tool to improve the proposal process for new and existing customers. In addition, you may also be working on RFPs and statements of work for the Professional Services implementation and upgrade projects.
If you want to work on a team that will make an impact this summer, this opportunity could be for you.
Some of the key activities for this position include:
- Obtain an understanding of current Guidewire estimating process and business value monitoring
- Manage short term objectives authoring estimating tools in MS Excel (advanced formulas and macro development or troubleshooting)
- Write proposal materials for large software implementations using extraordinary written communication skills and attention to detail
- Maintain customer profile information that is used by our Sales team and Services Directors to support the sales cycle
Guidewire Software is a leading provider of flexible core systems that enable property/casualty insurers to deliver insurance the way they want to. Guidewire builds high quality software that consistently works as promised. Designed for maximum flexibility and scalability, Guidewire solutions give carriers the capability to deliver excellent service to policyholders and agents and increase market share â€" while lowering operating costs. The Guidewire Insurance Suiteâ"¢, consisting of Guidewire PolicyCenterÂ®, Guidewire BillingCenterÂ®, and Guidewire ClaimCenterÂ®, spans the entire insurance lifecycle â€" underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. Guidewire is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
- Extraordinary written communication skills, always clear, concise, and grammatically correct
- Ability to identify problems in estimation tools and recommend solutions
- Ability to take requests from a variety of sources, effectively prioritize them, and publish delivery dates for each
- Proven leadership experience
- Goal oriented and action focused
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Recent graduates in a Bachelor's degree program, preferably a Marketing major
- Moderate to advanced MS Office skills in all aspects of the product, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word (Including macro maintenance and development)
PLEASE NOTE: We are only able to hire candidates who have the legal right to work in London.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services