Marketing Manager at Tech Start-Up Skimlinks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic international VC-backed startup as a Marketing Manager (or Marketing Coordinator) during its growth phase. The role will be based in San Francisco. Job title will depend on experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Marketing Manager at Skimlinks, you are going to play a huge role in building the Skimlinks brand and ensuring the success of our product launches, customer acquisition, and external communication. You will serve as the eyes and ears of the marketing team and often serve as the face of Skimlinks (leading our booths at events, managing our Twitter and Facebook pages). You will work closely with our Marketing Director to execute these and other marketing projects such as writing assignments, online advertising campaigns and more.
Specific projects you will manage and tackle include content creation and marketing, influencer marketing, event marketing and email marketing, amongst others.
This role is not for the faint of heart, but for someone who is incredibly driven and ready to push themselves to limits they did not know they could reach. You want to learn and grow with us and hop aboard a magical journey.
We're looking for:
- Someone who's highly detail oriented and creative: speaking engagements, leading polishing the i's and t's on internal marketing projects, and managing our social media channels.
- Strong project management skills: you have a history driving projects from start to finish, navigating ambiguity and obstacles that arise, and getting things done with a smile.
- Editing and writing skills: you enjoy writing anything from contributed articles to blog posts to case studies. You have an interest in content marketing, from strategy to execution, including creating collateral, managing the company blog, and writing copy for all outgoing communication with publishers.
- Strong eye for design: you will be working on public facing marketing projects, so we want a person who knows how to make things look good.
- Comfortable with negotiation: you will be responsible for booking and arranging orders related to events, so it's important that you are willing to push back and get Skimlinks the best deals.
- Comfortable communicating with customers, industry influencers, and the press via email, social, the phone, and face-to-face at events.
- You have that burning desire to work in a constantly changing start-up environment.
- Passion for technology: you love experimenting with new tools that come out - and can geek out with the best of 'em about things like productivity software.
- You are personable, confident, and articulate.
- You are familiar with online marketing tools (Google AdWords, retargeting platforms, social media).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Full health coverage with vision & dental (we're British, but not that British!)
- Generous vacation allowance
- Stunning views of the Bay Bridge and the Ferry Building from our fun/friendly office space
- More different accents in a company than you could dream of!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Skimlinks is one of the most well-known UK-originated startups in the internet space, founded in London in 2007 and now with offices in San Francisco and New York. We have been described by Techcrunch as one of London's leading startups, and voted in the top 10 of the Guardian Tech Media Invest.
Skimlinks offers blogs, forums and websites the ability to earn an income from their content, by paying them a commission if readers click through and make an online purchase.
We consider ourselves a company that sells innovations, and in the last few years we have conceived and built a range of unique, compelling products that have shaken up the online monetization space. Find out about what's it like working at Skimlinks at http://skimlinks.com/careers
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your CV/resume and a writing sample.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED