Marketing Manager SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Business Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
As a key member of the Marketing team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of tradeshows and events, speaking engagements, awards and sales support. The Marketing Manager will work with the Marketing Director to ensure SpaceX is well-branded and represented through the mediums described above.
- Identify, plan and coordinate SpaceX internal, public events and tradeshows
- Plan and coordinate sales events including user conferences, seminars and receptions
- Negotiate show sponsorships that support SpaceX messaging and business objectives
- Oversee development for all event collateral including booth displays, signage, advertising, brochures and other materials
- Oversee potential/requested speaking and award opportunities
- Develop, write and update marketing materials for use by Sales and other departments
- Work with creative resources to develop sales collateral and supporting materials
- Pursue select advertising opportunities that support business goals
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Marketing, with a demonstrated track record in events, tradeshows and marketing materials development
- Must provide writing samples or complete writing exercise provided by SpaceX
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and possess a proven ability to thrive under deadline pressure and to execute on a number of projects simultaneously
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented team environment
- Must be a team player for whom no job is too big or too small
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED