Marketing Manager Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.Email Marketing Manager
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
MARKETING MANAGER, NORTH AMERICA
Tesla Motors is looking for a Marketing Manager with consumer experience of a lifestyle brand to manage and execute marketing programs in North America. The Marketing Manager will work closely with other corporate functions, including: digital marketing, retail development, sales, communications, and finance.
The focus of this position is the management and execution of marketing programs and events to support our retail channel. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage projects with minimal direction.
The position reports to the Senior Manager of Marketing and is based out of our company headquarters in Palo Alto. Travel is expected throughout North America.
Tesla Motors designs and sells high-performance; highly efficient electric vehicles -- with no compromises. Tesla Motors cars combine style, acceleration, and handling with advanced technologies that make them among the quickest and the most energy-efficient cars on the road.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
- Work with regional sales managers to develop targeted marketing plans with a coherent integration of marketing tactics, event and PR activities to achieve store goals.
- Develop and manage the implementation of a comprehensive event calendar with centralized tracking of all regional marketing events including test drive events, lead generation events, and external corporate events (e.g. auto shows and product launches).
- Develop in-store programs and campaigns to engage existing leads and create new leads.
- Identify, plan, and execute partner and co-marketing programs.
- Work with marketing managers at mall locations to identify and execute marketing opportunities including events, communications, and promotions.
- Work as the liaison between the field sales team, communications, corporate marketing, and retail development team to ensure consistency and effectiveness of all marketing programs and identify new needs within the retail environment.
- Ensure compliance with global brand strategy and corporate identity for Tesla Motors.
- Work with communications team on consistent and effective messaging of external documents and promotional materials to support our marketing activities (e.g. collateral)
- Manage outside agencies and vendors on an as needed basis.
- Evaluate and track the success of programs and campaigns.
- Effectively deliver results of marketing objectives within the designated and agreed budgets.
- Support the field sales organization on other marketing initiatives
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent
- 3-5 years related experience with a proven track record developing and driving marketing campaign initiatives for a lifestyle product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in building clear, compelling value propositions that can be expressed in a variety of media
- Proven track record creating, managing, marketing events focused on ROI
- Maintain a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial work ethic that is required to drive business outcomes
- Exceptional strategic thinker and analytical skills; ability to address cross-functional and cross-organizational issues independently
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
- Positive â€œcan doâ€ attitude, passionate and able to show commitment and to inspire others
- Large company discipline...small company entrepreneurial attitude
- Team player and builder â€" leads by example
- 30% Travel Required
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED