Marketing Services, Innovation Program Lead Promega
--This is a 2 year project position to lead a pilot program in our Marketing Service team. This position is not eligible for Promega's benefit plan. The schedule of this position will be flexible and may require less than 40 hours a week on occasion. --
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Innovation Program Lead will coordinate the design and implementation of our new Innovation Program. This position will have primary responsibility for developing the strategy and methods to spur innovative thinking and ideation across the organization, as well as encourage global employee participation. This individual will facilitate cross-functional team collaboration and work closely with management and program stakeholders to evaluate and manage ideas from inception to implementation. This position will report to the Director of Marketing Services.
1. Lead creation of and manage Innovation pilot program within Promega, focusing the program for internal employees.
2. Set up and manage dedicated physical space for Innovation Program activities.
3. Serve as the primary stakeholder for, and lead implementation of, the supporting software tool.
4. Identify and design processes required for program implementation.
5. Lead global communication efforts, both for initial program implementation and ongoing.
6. Design and manage innovation challenges and ?spark sessions? to foster idea generation within the organization.
7. Work with business stakeholders to establish business-based criteria for evaluating and prioritizing ideas.
8. Measure impacts and assess value of program to make recommendations for expansion and evolution; identify and communicate progress to stakeholders, build justification for pilot expansion.
9. Champion a culture of innovation to ensure the sharing of ideas across the organization.
10. Manage program budget.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Consult with internal and outside partners to identify best practices and implement continuous program improvements.
2. On an as-needed basis, report to internal teams and stakeholders on how they, or their external partners, might be able to benefit from the program.
3. Maintain connections with resources in the innovation community, attend conferences and seminars, and bring back ideas for program improvements and networking opportunities.
1. Bachelor?s degree in Marketing, Market Research, Project Management, Business Administration or similar fields.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years? experience.
3. Experience with social media platforms and passion for social connections.
4. Technologically conversant and enthusiastic about technology as it facilities business process.
5. Creative problem solver with a demonstrated open-minded approach to identifying solutions.
6. Ability to model openness to innovation and mentor others; good teaching skills.
7. Proven results in successfully implementing and measuring impacts of a global business process.
8. Strong communicator with excellent listening, conversation, presentation and motivational skills, with proven success in using these to get results.
9. Proven project team leadership.
10. Highly motivated self-starter with proven examples of strong organizational skills.
1. Prior experience managing innovation programs.
2. Prior experience leading (from a business standpoint) implementation of an enterprise-level software solution.
1. Ability to occasionally move boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
2. Ability to move/set up meeting room tables and audio-visual equipment.
3. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
4. Ability to work with computer and telephone equipment.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711