Master Schedule & Supply Planner Digital Signal
Job Description :
Master Schedule & Supply Planner
Digital Signal Corporation is seeking a Master Scheduler & Supply Planner for their Chantilly, VA location.
Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) is the technology startup opportunity you?ve been looking for. With the global landscape constantly evolving, our company stands out as an innovator in the facial recognition arena. We can do what no other company does?.combine precision 3d image processing with biometrics. Our technology works on the move?.uninhibited by minor obstacles such as aviator shades and baseball caps. Together, we can invent, design, and supply solutions to the commercial industry.
Exciting Master Schedule and Supply Planner position in a newly created and dynamic Planning organization. The MSS Planner will ensure that material is available to meet the company?s manufacturing and field demand needs. To accomplish this, the MSS Planner assists in the development of the master production schedule and utilization of the company?s ERP systems to generate, track, maintain, and communicate the material plan and status to others in the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with business operations to fulfill forecasts, creating a Master Schedule by production line and executing, tracking, and closing work orders in compliance with the Master Schedule
- Ensuring component product availability
- Use and maintain MRP/ERP system as the primary planning system tool, including item planning parameters and master data.
- Execute stock and demand replenishment as needed for the business, providing feedback on risks regarding product availability and meeting demand forecast.
- Assists in the specification, build-up, and maintenance of the ERP/IT systems necessary to support material needs
- Create and maintain daily and weekly reports by gathering, analyzing and validating data that will be shared with other departments.
- Assist in the tracking and improvement of inventory levels, as well as input into excess or obsolete material observed through planning process
- Assist in KPI generation and maintenance for master scheduling and planning
SKills & Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor?s degree in Business or Operations
- Five years? experience in master planning, procurement, and forecasting for production , preferably in electro-mechanical or optical industries, using MRP/DRP/ERP systems; specifically APS modules with multiple level BOMs
- Experience with either Epicor, SAP or similar ERP systems
- Excellent command of math skills, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- Able to calculate, justify, and execute: safety stock, economic order quantities, material class, reorder levels, forecasting, EOQ, safety stock, etc.
- Able to interact with individuals at all levels of an organization, as well as potential and current suppliers, internal, and external customers
- Must have an excellent command of the English language, verbal and written
- PIM/CSCP certification would be a plus
- Experience using several of the following: pull systems (i.e.: just in time, Kanban), make to order, make to stock, kitting, consignment and vendor managed inventory
- Experience in continuous improvement, 6 Sigma or Lean (as it relates to Materials Management)
- Potential and desire to advance into managerial positions
||Chantilly, VA |