Material Handler/2nd shift SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Material Handler/2nd shift
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Supports Production/Engineering with the movement of parts to support Warp Drive Master Schedule.
- Provide Status of materials moved daily/weekly from location to location.
- Take daily direction from Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
- Physically move and expedite parts to meet work order completion dates.
- Verify all materials received and transported for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantity and revisions.
- Interface with receiving, Quality Control, Purchasing and other related departments to resolve. problems relative to receipt and distribution of material.
- Move and transport parts through other departments to support Production schedule.
- Support IPT (Independent Product Team) team meetings.
- Move and transport material from the receiving dock, stock rooms and buyers in support of late part delivery and deliver to using department.
- Maintain daily/weekly visibility on part moved from location to location.
- Responsible for all open work order location visibility and Integrity.
- Support Buyers and Transportation Dept. with Off-site processing on open work orders.
- Supports Inventory in auditing Kits/Packaging kits to outsource (as-required).
- Maintain proper Material Handling and Protection.
- Perform good housekeeping chores in area.
- Operate material handling motorized equipment as required.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3 years Expediting/Material Handling experience desired.
- ERP knowledge desired.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be certified to operate fork lift and/or other material handling motorized vehicles and equipment.
- Familiar with proper handling of materials.
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing stooping, stretching and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to work all hours requrired, weekends, and overtime, as needed.
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED