About Tesla Motors
Tesla Motors is a small, aggressive, well-funded start-up in the San Francisco Bay Area that is making advanced electric vehicles, batteries, and drive systems a reality and working to change the future of the transportation industry. We are building a technically strong, fast-moving team that prides itself on superior execution.
Tesla Motors designs and sells high-performance, highly efficient electric sports cars -- with no compromises. Tesla Motors cars combine style, acceleration, and handling with advanced technologies that make them among the quickest and the most energy-efficient cars on the road.
The Material Handler will report to the Production Supervisor and will be responsible for maintaining material supply to production line as part of the NPI (New Product Introduction) manufacturing progress. This person is expected to be able monitor material needs during the first and second shift of manufacturing, replenish as necessary, and notify their supervisor and/or the Production Coordinator when materials are needed to ensure no line-downs.
- Ensure that line-side material bins are sufficiently stocked at all times and are replenished to ensure no operator down-time.
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of 5S and Lean manufacturing best practices.
- Help to maintain necessary inventory of manufacturing supplies (MRO), e.g. latex gloves, cotton swabs, etc.
- Reorder material as necessary to replenish Raw-in Progress (RIP) and line-side storage.
- Repackage and/or de-trash raw material as needed in order to present material to production as appropriate.
- Assist with cycle counting of material to ensure inventory integrity.
- Assist with the preparation of goods for shipment.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in warehousing or material handling.
- Ability to read fill out material transfer forms.
- Must have command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- Ability to perform repetitious duties while standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30-50 lbs on a daily basis.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|