Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Under general supervision from the Inventory Control Manager, performs supervisory, technical and administrative duties in the materials handling and production floor material fulfillment through established Kanban process.
- Supervises one or more Material Handlers; assists in hiring, training and
- Plans, organizes, and implements material handling operations and procedures; supervises daily raw material and finished goods movements physically and systematically.
- Reviews daily inventory activity; maintains accurate inventory files, part numbers, minimums and material descriptions.
- Remains current on new and obsolete materials. Maintains adequate levels of inventory stock on the production floor
- Monitors effectivity of Kanban system and suggests and implements changes
- Schedules and maintains equipment maintenance with Maintenance Dept and outside vendors
- Operates indoor forklifts and other necessary vehicles and equipment involved with issuing and stocking materials.
- Works closely with the Inventory Control Manager and Warehouse Manager in all aspects of warehouse and inventory control functions.
Interprets company policies to employees and enforces safety regulations.â€‹
- Develops, coordinates, maintains, and implements data collection, storage, and reporting systems to aid in sound decisions.â€‹
- Able to conduct time studies; rate, create and present metrics based on collected data
- Establishes, monitors and maintains material handling policies and work instructions.â€‹
- Continually monitors and improves key performance indicators and information for decision-making and alternative, actionable recommendations for all areas of material fulfillment
- Supports and/â€‹or leads cross-functional strategic or process improvement projects.â€‹
- Ensures process and system changes occur, training implemented, and follow up evaluations are completed.â€‹
- Take active part in change control process and implements changes in timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining quality and safety standards, improving productivity, and driving a culture of process improvement
- Degree in Business or related field or minimum 5 years supervisory experience in material handling and warehousing operations or any equivalent combination of education or experience, preferably in WMS/manufacturing environment
- Ability to effectively manage time and project priorities.
- Ability to administer and supervise; exercise judgment in appraising situations in
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees
- Excellent computer skills and aptitude
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Self-directed, motivated and goal oriented
- Skilled at managing time and priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to build a strong, cohesive team and provide leadership with the highest integrity
- Ethical, professional behavior and demeanor
- Quick learner, thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to make a difference, ability to implement change and manage expectations
- Understanding of warehouse management systems (WMS), 5S and lean manufacturing processes is a must
- Superb verbal & written communications skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and influence others
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced, diverse team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications (e.â€‹g.â€‹ Outlook, Excel and Word),
- Knowledge of change control processes is a must
- Champion of People and Change Agent
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|